NI Komplete 14

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

dionenoid wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:59 pm
zvenx wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:16 pm
dionenoid wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:45 pm
zvenx wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:39 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:37 pm Wait, so Kontakt 7 plugin is actually called Kontakt 7.vst3 instead of just Kontakt.VST3? Half the reason I upgraded the last one was because they removed the number for Kontakt 6 and just called it Kontakt.VST3, so that I wouldn't have to replace them or keep old copies in the future. They didn't seriously put the number back did they?
Yep they did.
rsp
But, did they keep the same plugin ID ? Because that's all that matters for backwards compatibility.
nope.. they didn't.
Currently Cubendo sees it as a completely different plugin.
rsp
Damn, that sux.
You mean different from Kontakt V5 or Kontakt V6 - or either?

- Mario

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:23 pm
VitaminD wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:16 pm Just go download the Kontakt 7 Player in the NI Access app. Seems to be free for all. That way you can play with the HiDPI and other new features first hand.
The main thing I want to find out about is third party library import, and the free version won't let you do that.

Really surprised no user has yet commented on how it works in practice.
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... 7339715741

mabian wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:58 pm .......

- Mario

Both. (or either as you put it :))
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:32 pm
mabian wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:58 pm .......

- Mario

Both. (or either as you put it :))
rsp
That is not clever... :(

- Mario

is Kontakt 7 now kontakt.dll or kontakt7.dll?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

firepile wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:49 pm
noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:23 pm
VitaminD wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:16 pm Just go download the Kontakt 7 Player in the NI Access app. Seems to be free for all. That way you can play with the HiDPI and other new features first hand.
The main thing I want to find out about is third party library import, and the free version won't let you do that.

Really surprised no user has yet commented on how it works in practice.
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... 7339715741
Thanks. There’s good and bad in there. The good - you can import libraries as regular, as opposed to User, libraries. Also it does allegedly scan the basic folder structure as banks (which is more than it does for some regular Player libraries it seems, even some of its own Komplete ones.

The bad - there’s no editing of tags (it doesn’t say if it assigns any at all), and no adding an image. So like everything else, it doesn’t look brilliantly implemented.

Being as this feature is seemingly imported from Komplete Kontrol and Massive X, it doesn’t feel that hopeful that things will improve in a hurry. Komplete Kontrol still has the most basic functionality missing some 6 or 7 years after it was introduced that I was sure they’d fix in a couple of weeks after the launch of 1.0. Similarly Massive X is notorious for being the most glacially slow browser development.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Caine123 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:18 pm is Kontakt 7 now kontakt.dll or kontakt7.dll?
People are saying it's Kontakt7... So it looks to me like NI wanted to standardize the process, give us all a freaking break from having multiple Kontakt versions in our plug in folders with Kontakt 6, then changed so much in 7 in terms of tweaks to the library etc. that they reverted back to having us have multiple versions of Kontkakt in our plug in folders... :bang:

Has to be the worst Komplete update they've put out, by a long shot, literally only one major plug in update, a few orchestral sample libraries added, and mostly just presets and their Play Romplers. Hopefully hardly any of you buy it and they learn from this.

I’m not upgrading, as I have 13 and there is nothing at all I am interest in, but there is probably value there if you are still on 11 or below. My main concern is that this is such a weak update it may hurt NI financially and I really want them to succeed!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Hell no I'm not upgrading. I don't even see what Kontakt 7 adds if you usually use it in Komplete Kontrol. I guess the import library is ok, saves having to save all the individual presets into Komplete Kontrol. But whatever I'll use the file browser.

I'd like to think this terrible release results in poor sales so they can learn to up their game again.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:35 pm Hell no I'm not upgrading. I don't even see what Kontakt 7 adds if you usually use it in Komplete Kontrol. I guess the import library is ok, saves having to save all the individual presets into Komplete Kontrol. But whatever I'll use the file browser.

I'd like to think this terrible release results in poor sales so they can learn to up their game again.
If you use the import function does the imported library also get added to Komplete Kontrol? That would be useful

SLiC wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:03 pm I’m not upgrading, as I have 13 and there is nothing at all I am interest in, but there is probably value there if you are still on 11 or below. My main concern is that this is such a weak update it may hurt NI financially and I really want them to succeed!
I'm the same. Not a huge user of Kontakt. This is a skip.

I'll wait. Battery 5. FM9. Guitar Rig new amps. Reaktor 7. Massive V2 :hihi:

SLiC wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:03 pm I’m not upgrading, as I have 13 and there is nothing at all I am interest in, but there is probably value there if you are still on 11 or below. My main concern is that this is such a weak update it may hurt NI financially and I really want them to succeed!
It feels rushed, I mean I'm not at all opposed to paying for a K14 upgrade that included new improvements to Battery, Reaktor, FM8 etc. even if it was peanuts, an effect or two thrown in along with a GUI refresh including resizing etc, VST3 support, and Apple Silicon support. That's what I expected, us complaining about how little they did to the upgrades, and how we had to pay for new GUI's and AS support etc.

What we got was new sample libraries, and a tweaked version of one instrument Kontakt. I think they needed to release something, and we're stuck with a poor showing in terms of what you get. I really wouldn't be that surprised if upgrades to individual instruments come out before K15 like they used to do a decade ago. Or even more crushing to people, K15 is released next Summer. The way forward from this is murky at best, they IMO want to get compensated for GUI refreshes and AS support, but how is that happening if they don't add anything?

Caine123 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:18 pm is Kontakt 7 now kontakt.dll or kontakt7.dll?
AFAIK, there is no .dll (VST2) now. There is only Kontakt 7.vst3 file.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just a friendly suggestion for a smooth installation of Kontakt 7, just in case anyone is facing any issues:

- Install Kontakt 7 from Native Access, don't open the standalone or DAW just yet
- Install Factory Library 2 (and any other Kontakt libraries you want to install)
- Close Native Access once done
- Open standalone version of Kontakt 7 and let it complete the scan, then close it
- Open standalone version of Komplete Kontrol and let it complete the scan, then close it
- Open your DAW and do a rescan of plugins
- Load Kontakt 7 or Komplete Kontrol plugin in your DAW

They should have included at least Battery 5 to make it look interesting to me. Depressing how long it takes them to overhaul the GUIs of their older plugins.

Return to “Instruments”