Inflator as an Ableton M4L plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey. Nice sounding little device.
Do you think it could be possible to add upsampling option ?
I don't know if it's possible in M4L, but it could be nice to have at least X2 and X4 options, specially that one can't wrap a M4L device into metaplugin...

Thanks Calagan. It's possible, and I may add it at one point. Until then, the Reaktor user ensemble "Hyperinflation" provides the same saturation function with oversampling available, if that's an option for you.

Thank you! The Gain compensation is a very welcome extra!

I just wanted to try the devices and the m4L plugin I can just drag into ableton but I cant install the .adg of the multiband version. Any ideas how I install it?

Now I tried to put it into my Ableton User Library user folder but it says "only audio effects can be placed in this kind of track". Could it be that Im still on Ableton 10?

Tendou wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:35 pm ...
I cant install the .adg of the multiband version.
Could it be that Im still on Ableton 10?
Yes, the rack (.adg) was made in/for Ableton 11, including a few macro "presets". I will add this to the description.

Thanks for reporting, and sorry the rack did not work for you in Ableton 10. Installation is, like for the m4l device, just a drag and drop, or open the file in Ableton.

You can use the m4l device without the rack of course. Like you point out, the rack only adds multiband processing.
Last edited by el davo on Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

el davo wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:41 am
Tendou wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:35 pm ...
I cant install the .adg of the multiband version.
Could it be that Im still on Ableton 10?
Yes, the rack (.adg) was made in/for Ableton 11, including a few macro "presets". I will add this to the description.

Thanks for reporting, and sorry the rack did not work for you in Ableton 10. Installation is, like for the m4l device, just a drag and drop, or open the file in Ableton.

You can use the m4l device without the track of course. Like you point out, the rack only adds multiband processing.
Oh well, thats sad.
could u maybe upload a screenshot of the rack oe how to set up the multiband processing bc on inflator I always used the band split mode 🙈

Tendou wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:57 am could u maybe upload a screenshot of the rack oe how to set up the multiband processing bc on inflator I always used the band split mode 🙈
I just verified that the MB Rack .adg in the v1 download will open in Ableton 10, so check that out :)

el davo wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:25 am
Tendou wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:57 am could u maybe upload a screenshot of the rack oe how to set up the multiband processing bc on inflator I always used the band split mode 🙈
I just verified that the MB Rack .adg in the v1 download will open in Ableton 10, so check that out :)
awesome thank you

el davo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:09 pm Update June 24th, 2022, version 2:

* added Clip 0 dB switch (engage for hard clip at 0 dB, no signal wrap-over)
* added signal folding in clip off mode (for signals above 0 dB) behind the scenes
* added switch for gain compensation for the saturation curve applied (note: does not compensate for input/output gain. Use e.g. the Volume Compensator device by LAEX for end-to-end compensation)
* added a few presets to the multi-band rack (Ableton v11)
* added mouse-over documentation

You'll find a new download (v2) attached to the initial post.

The device name has been kept identical, and you should be able to drop-in replace this for the previous version without issue, unless you were driving the device very hard in which case this version will give a different output, as it implements the folding of overshooting signals in the clip off mode

Please do let me know if this works as expected! Thanks.
Everything seems to be A' OK on my end, thanks again for the share.

Thank you!

:clap: Thank you!

Joined KVR to download and to say thank you!

I just tested this in Ableton against the actual Oxford Inflator (Trial version :)!) and I can confirm that you can 100% null the signal at various Effect & Curve settings. Great job man. A few other people replicated it but not with an 100% null.
I was actually suprised at how hard this Conflator Max For Live plugin is to find via a basic google search. I only stumbled across it by chance via a reddit post. It needs one of those obnoxious youtube videos to get it out to the public lol.

el davo wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:28 am Thanks for the feedback zeep!
Hi el davo, i wanted to ask if you could make a max for live device of Fruity Loops Softclipper. You would need to measure the waveshape and transfer curve.
( https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-le ... lipper.htm )

This softclipper only exists in FL. But now also released as a $119,- (!!) plugin by schwabedigital. But it's just a waveshape!

Return to “Effects”