NI Komplete 14

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Ok, I found them in the serial Account 😂

mcbpete wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:18 pm
Leichenschmaus wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:05 pm Which are included in Komplete 14...
Think this is everything PA-wise thats in Komplete -

BX_OBERHAUSEN
BX_CONSOLE
FOCUSRITE SC
BX_CONSOLE N
BX_LIMITER TRUE PEAK
BX_CRISPYTUNER
You missed Knifonium and LO-FI-AF.

Also, it depends on which Bundle you own how many PA plugins you get.

Standard is Bx_Oberhausen, LO-FI-AF and Bx_Crispytuner.

Ultimate adds Console N and True Peak.

CE adds Knifonium and Focusrite.

Ozone 10 Standard in all of them.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:48 am
mi-os wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:36 am They should have included at least Battery 5 to make it look interesting to me. Depressing how long it takes them to overhaul the GUIs of their older plugins.
I was hoping for Battery 5 too, but I don't care about it now. Ever since I got Groove Agent 5, I have removed Battery 4 from my favourites list. So, I would suggest trying Groove Agent 5 (even SE 5 that comes for free with Cubase Elements and up is great and can be used as a plugin in other DAWs) if you haven't already.
Battery 5, more like Battery 3, would be great.

...though I'm using Bitwigs built in drum machine more these days. It's great and has a few advantages over Battery in a very small usable GUI, drum machine + per cell samplers.

To be fair to NI they have had a couple of decent drum tools - Drum Lab and Polyplex are both great.

jules99 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:51 pm
mcbpete wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:18 pm
Leichenschmaus wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:05 pm Which are included in Komplete 14...
Think this is everything PA-wise thats in Komplete -

BX_OBERHAUSEN
BX_CONSOLE
FOCUSRITE SC
BX_CONSOLE N
BX_LIMITER TRUE PEAK
BX_CRISPYTUNER
You missed Knifonium and LO-FI-AF.

Also, it depends on which Bundle you own how many PA plugins you get.

Standard is Bx_Oberhausen, LO-FI-AF and Bx_Crispytuner.

Ultimate adds Console N and True Peak.

CE adds Knifonium and Focusrite.

Ozone 10 Standard in all of them.
That's correct. However, there's probably a typo error on the following page where it says BX_CONSOLE N and BX_CONSOLE for K14CE. However, it should just be one item, which is BX_CONSOLE N.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... n/compare/

I think they could have chosen better plug ins from PA to be honest. Some are probably a good fit. They've all been at 29.99 though, and will be again, if they are not at the moment.

Ozone 10 is quite a good compliment to Komplete... But I imagine people either have it, or already have other limiters etc.

So does the PA stuff come as the usual single redeem code?
They distribute a lot of unique bundles via all kinds of vendors these days.
I had one with a Magix purchase and also with iZotope.
When I add all these together along with the recent free Soundwide bundle and all the freebies that can be had via their codes, including yesterday, it adds up to a lot of licences.
So adding PA stuff to Komplete doesn’t exactly make it look classy.
Although, there’s some good PA stuff in the CE bundle which is nice for PA virgins.
There’s always going to be stuff in Komplete that is superfluous.
I ignore that and focus on the stuff that does interest me.

_leras wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:57 pmTo be fair to NI they have had a couple of decent drum tools - Drum Lab and Polyplex are both great.
WTF is wrong with Battery 4? I think it's f**king awesome! It does play up a bit when moving to a new computer but I like everything else about it. I like the GUI, I like the workflow and I love the sample library.

That said, we've pretty much stopped using it in favour of Ujam drums but that's because Battery is way more than we need. Ujam stuff is just a lot less work.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Is there a separate serial number for Ozone 10?
I don’t seem to have one. The install is in NA, but it doesn’t install…

BONES wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:59 am
_leras wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:57 pmTo be fair to NI they have had a couple of decent drum tools - Drum Lab and Polyplex are both great.
WTF is wrong with Battery 4? I think it's f**king awesome! It does play up a bit when moving to a new computer but I like everything else about it. I like the GUI, I like the workflow and I love the sample library.

That said, we've pretty much stopped using it in favour of Ujam drums but that's because Battery is way more than we need. Ujam stuff is just a lot less work.
Another vote for Ujam.

Yeah, my bandmate and I were discussing it at practise this week and we both agree that swapping out Battery/Groove Agent/Impact XT for one of the Ujam drums instruments always makes everything sound way cleaner and punchier, even though I don't use separate outputs. I've used BM-Vice on every one of the 70-odd covers I've done and for NOVAkILL we use BM-Nemesis and BM-Void, although the recently released BM-Berserk might replace them in the future, as its kicks really f**king kick, baby!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Agreed.

I like Ujam Deep and Hot. Even their grooves are extremely usable.

That said, I've used NI 60s drums for a demo. Recorded a real drummer. Released the single.

I should have kept the canned drums.

This year it was Ujam vs a good real drummer. Mixed the version with the real drums. Sent the mix to mastering.

Deleted the song.

Worked fine with Ujam.

Except for jazz and prog-rock I'm pretty much done with real drummers.

guys is kontakt actually scaling to hidpi like its written in the changelog or is it just their new browser skin? also is everything scaling also the menu icons or just the window size?

I'm here with K12 but seeing these "awsome" new features, I easily can wait for K15.
In the meantime ReFX made an innovative 4.5 update, I hope once NI will do the same.

IMO, Kontakt 7 is better than what everyone here thinks. I think it is one of the few steps in the potential right direction and it will be interesting to see its evolution and the future Kontakt (NKS) based libraries.

Return to “Instruments”