TE have just launched a device that lets you cut records from 150 quid!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PO-80 record factory is a compact and portable record cutter,
made in collaboration with yuri suzuki. engrave and playback 5" discs
with ultra-analog lo-fi sound - simply plug in any audio device to the 3.5 mm
audio input and cut your own record in an instant. yep, it's really that simple.

PO-80 record factory is a compact and portable record cutter that allows you to create your own 5” vinyl records and playback in lo-fi sound. designed to build yourself, the kit includes everything you need, just add your tracks. small parts included, not recommended or intended for children 0-12 years of age.

monophonic record cutting & playback
recording time: 33rpm approx 4 minutes / 45rpm approx 3 minutes per disk side
USB powered. 3.5mm mono input/output terminal
size: 3.54" x 6.30" x 5.91" / 19cm ×16cm × 15cm. weight: 1.26 lb / 570g
in the box: PO–80 assembly kit, spare cutting needle, 6 black 5-inch blank records, USB power cable, 3.5 mm audio plug, adaptor for 7-inch records, gakken magazine

https://teenage.engineering/products/po-80

£150 for the record cutter, £20 for a back of 10 blank records

What a lot of fun!!! :party: :hyper:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Apparently, a TE remake of this https://www.inputmag.com/design/make-yo ... suzuki/amp

I see these getting a lot of press, make lofi vinal, resample etc.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Hmmm, I first thought the doubling in price was because it was no longer self-assembly, but no, seems like it might just be for the TE brand name.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:33 pm Hmmm, I first thought the doubling in price was because it was no longer self-assembly, but no, seems like it might just be for the TE brand name.
I have never seen this in the UK at a UK GBP proce with tax, but the original price was less for more

''$100 for the edition with two additional cutting needles and an additional fifteen blanks, five blue, five yellow, and five green''

Did anyone ever see it at this price in the wild though?

I guess there's a markup for the original one for being an import, but you can find the Gakken version 15 quid cheaper at Juno...

PO blanks look cheaper, though, £20 for ten, rather than £16 for 5.

Kinda amusing that Juno have gone from 2 new ones and one B-stock available, to only one new one since I posted that.

TE can make you think you want something you never knew you wanted; there real power is in "cool" marketing!

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”