RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dog
KVRer
Topic Starter
3 posts since 11 Jun, 2005 from Peterborough

Post Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:13 am

Evening,

Recently switched computers. I started with Melodyne CR8 and moved up to Studio a while ago. I have a few tracks which used the Melodyne Sound Library - Horn Section. Now fully realising that they switched off the activation service many years ago, I now realise sitting here with my disc and serial number that I'm kind of snookered. My question is, "Was anyone smart enough to print the phrases of this library into audio files that could be imported and used with my Melodyne 5.0?" Thank you for any advice you might have.

Regards,
Dog

ralfrobert
KVRAF
1537 posts since 24 Jul, 2017

Post Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:16 am

I would contact the support at Celemony and ask them if they have a solution. They are usually very helpful and fast.

Dog
KVRer
Topic Starter

Post Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:56 am

Hi, gave that a try, unfortunately they couldn't help me on this occasion.

jonljacobi
KVRAF
1887 posts since 16 Jan, 2013 from USA

Post Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:45 am

Never even heard of it. What format are the files?

Dog
KVRer
Topic Starter

Post Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:43 am

Morning Jon,

The MSL's were circa 2006 that came out alongside Uberschall's Liquid Instruments. Essentially, they were a series of phrases that you could redo for your own tracks using Melodyne's magic. The file you get was .msl format (Melodyne Sound Library), you popped that into your sample folder, open Melodyne, ctrl+shift+B to import. The first time you did, you needed to activate using the serial number and you were off to the races. The file currency was standard .wav files.

Cheers,
Dwayne

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”