What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS
pekbro
KVRAF
5166 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:56 pm

Hink wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:38 pm :tu: personally I would change the bridge too but that's just me, looks really nice. :)
thx! Heh, I did change the bridge. :lol:

This one is solid brass (satin), and it's starting to get a petina. Probably I'll get a brass cover
when I change the neck humbucker out as I am not overly fond of this one. Getting brass knobs
and a control cover is going to take some doing unfortunately so I don't know if I will actually
bother. :lol:

Yours looks great as well, the warmoth option is still something I am considering for a strat. :tu:

Hink
Rad Grandad
38106 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:09 pm

thanx, my guitar plays like no other I have ever owned :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

morelia
KVRAF
4928 posts since 16 May, 2002 from Brisbane , Australia

Post Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:39 pm

pekbro wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:38 pm Took me a while to change it, as I didn't want to change the strings :lol:
I've been playing a guitar for 6 months with 12s because I don't want to change strings. I'd rather play.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

licasto2
KVRist
92 posts since 11 Feb, 2005

Post Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:32 pm

Been looking for the "right" Marshall JCM 800 2203 for months, just bought a Silver Jubilee 2555x for a good price as a stopgap. Sounds fantastic through my 1960BX. My CHASEBLISS preamp mk2 arrived today. Christmas came early I guess!

Hink
Rad Grandad
38106 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:48 pm

that's great :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

The Noodlist
KVRAF
5337 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from UK

Post Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:54 am

morelia wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:39 pm I've been playing a guitar for 6 months with 12s because I don't want to change strings. I'd rather play.
It should feel easier to play once you drop down to a thinner gauge, I prefer tens.
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

morelia
KVRAF
4928 posts since 16 May, 2002 from Brisbane , Australia

Post Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:05 am

The Noodlist wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:54 am
morelia wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:39 pm I've been playing a guitar for 6 months with 12s because I don't want to change strings. I'd rather play.
It should feel easier to play once you drop down to a thinner gauge, I prefer tens.
That's the plan. Although I need to keep some tone in the upper register for lead. It's an acoustic so I'll appreciate the .01 difference.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

imrae
KVRAF
2218 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

Post Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:03 am

Accidentally ebayed another fuzz pedal: Fredric Effects Duoface. It's an NPN Si and PNP Ge fuzz face sharing a box with a toggle to switch between them. Gain and Volume shared, bias individual. Power supply magic so the PNP side plays properly with other pedals. Bias ranges from velcro to beef.

I really like these compact Fredric chassis and the build quality is always good. Have quite a few of them now :D

Keeping my eyes peeled for a version 1 "Utility Perkolator" as the version 2 is in a bigger box... May have to give up and DIY something similar, but I'm worried that the classic HP circuits are very noisy.

pekbro
KVRAF

Post Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:43 pm

I kinda want one of these. The remake of course. :)

The Noodlist
KVRAF

Post Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:34 am

Looking for a precision notched straight edge and fret rocker, Crimson Guitars came to mind.
https://www.crimsonguitars.com/collecti ... for-guitar

I've bought 2 generic ones off Ebay and both are not truly straight, leaving my setups lacking. Buy cheap, buy twice (thrice).

I also saw some from Elmer Guitars, but I've seen a post on Reddit saying negative reviews were being deleted.
https://elmerguitar.com/products/notched-straight-edge
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324571291027

The Noodlist
KVRAF

Post Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:17 am

I was interested in a Harley Benton ST-62MN, this video dissuaded me, the S and T-style necks are too chunky. My HB TE-52 is chunky, I would have preferred one like my Tokai and Squier. It looks like a pickup upgrade on the Squier, looking for that SRV tone.

https://youtu.be/UuMn2S-3rwE

pekbro
KVRAF

Post Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:49 pm

Another one I am seriously considering as I want a Bigsby Tremolo. :shrug:

Reverend...

Wizeled
KVRer
6 posts since 8 Oct, 2022

Post Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:53 pm

pekbro wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:49 pm Another one I am seriously considering as I want a Bigsby Tremolo. :shrug:

Reverend...

Sheeesh, that looks sweet!

Chickenman
KVRian
786 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from QLD, Australia

Post Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:52 am

I bought an Axe I/O, didn't have a reamp box and had been considering buying it for amplitube anyway, the tonex thing helped me pull the trigger.
Thoughts:
Amp I/O is solid and offers some flexibility on the way in with a clean amp out, much more suited to what I do than the US16x08 (but I still like having 16 in when I want to record a band etc).
Amplitube is fine, nothing amazing but I always liked the roomy sounding marshall/fender vibes for jamming and it does that pretty well.
Tonex is cool - I hear some loss of detail in some of the captures but it still beats actually plugging things in. Tonex needs to be more segmented and easier to work with in Amplitube. One interesting thing is how it will correct for a presumed cab response and remove the cab from a capture so you can swap something else in. Lots of variations and lots of tweaking fun.

Would I recommend it, not if you have all the gear, obviously just buy whatever software you want. But the value is there if most of your stuff is outboard and you haven't invested heavily in plugins already.
I play guitar

pekbro
KVRAF

Post Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:38 pm

Wizeled wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:53 pm
pekbro wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:49 pm Another one I am seriously considering as I want a Bigsby Tremolo. :shrug:

Reverend...

Sheeesh, that looks sweet!
It's cool, basically a les paul with a bigsby, less paul scaling, set in neck, P90 style pups.
I'm still getting used to the Telecaster scaling on my Tele, my fingers miss a lot dues to
the scale on the neck.

Anyway, still thinking it over vs a Suhr strat, tho the reverend is quite a lot cheaper.

-Cheers

Return to “Guitars”