Collective Plugins readme and Readme

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Waveform12 OEM. The Collective readme and Readme instructions have confused me. (I'm using MX Linux)

In Readme, it says
"To authorise and remove demo restrictions find the "Unlock" button on the plugin UI." --- I can't find one. Is "plugin UI" the same as Settings/Plugins or is it Project Window/Categories/Plugins?

"Follow the instructions listed here" --- Listed where? In the Readme? Can't see them. Behind the unlock button? Can't find it.

"to create a key file which can be used to unlock." --- No sign of a key file and no instructions in Readme to create one.

Instructions further down don't make sense either but I think that's because of the problems above. I'm using ~/.vst and the paths should be no problem.

Your best bet is contacting the company's customer support. I personally don't use Waveform and so I don't have a reference to go off of to help you.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Tracktion Waveform support is in a different section:
viewforum.php?f=22
but never mind that. Happens all the time...
retep wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:48 am Waveform12 OEM.

[...] find the "Unlock" button on the plugin UI." --- I can't find one. Is "plugin UI" the same as Settings/Plugins or is it Project Window/Categories/Plugins?
Waveform is a DAW, a host for plugins. Collective is an instrument: a plugin.

What are you trying to unlock? The DAW or a plugin? Must be the plugin.
You cannot do that in the DAW, only in the plugin itself.

From https://www.tracktion.com/sites/default ... -guide.pdf :
2.4 Authorisation
Collective uses a software based copy protection and can only run without any restrictions with an activated license.
After installation, please load Collective as instrument plug-in within your DAW. The plug-in is currently locked and running in demo mode (a noise occurs periodically).
Click on the Unlock button in the headline of the plug-in window to open the authorisation window.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”