opinions on Unison Sound Doctor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I didn’t see anything about this company on the forum, so i figured it might be wise to warn others, but i hope that someone here chimes in with experience.

By many accounts this is a scummy company... https://www.trustpilot.com/review/unison.audio

the ads for this look promising for some beginner, but the price seems outrageous for what it does... $197... and this is with introductory discount.

they sold very simple 4 bar midi progressions for $27 or more at one point... like super simple basic midi. it looks like they might be making enough to pay for their smarmy advertising

so since people might come here before they buy, i want them to find at least one thread. Maybe it will keep someone from throwing away a few hundred dollars.

also here is a review mocking them and their sales pitch for their midi pack... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50m2Q7wPUFg
Capitalism is a cancer of the human mind, as with all authoritarianisms. It opulently gluttonizes the selfish and carelessly starves the meek. It consumes Mother Earth and Humanity unhealthily, currently.

While I do agree 100% on the bad reputation of this company, how they came after people who dared to criticise them, your thread title is a bit of a mislable. You never once mentioned the product that US released after the title. Only the same long rant that everyone keeps repeating about them. So in essence, you're doing... clickbait in a forum?

Don't get me wrong, if Sound Doctor turns out to be what it appears to be: a blatant cash grab, we can all light our torches and start the next round of their well-deserved shit storm. But it does not seem like you've been anywhere near their plugin, have you?

i would buy their stuff and be disappointed by it, if it was 10x cheaper.

jules99 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:38 pm While I do agree 100% on the bad reputation of this company, how they came after people who dared to criticise them, your thread title is a bit of a mislable. You never once mentioned the product that US released after the title. Only the same long rant that everyone keeps repeating about them. So in essence, you're doing... clickbait in a forum?

Don't get me wrong, if Sound Doctor turns out to be what it appears to be: a blatant cash grab, we can all light our torches and start the next round of their well-deserved shit storm. But it does not seem like you've been anywhere near their plugin, have you?
not clickbait... i wanted to see if anyone got this product, and could verify the bad reviews.

purpose... if i was a newbie stumbling upon it and checked this forum, there has been nothing written that i have found.
Capitalism is a cancer of the human mind, as with all authoritarianisms. It opulently gluttonizes the selfish and carelessly starves the meek. It consumes Mother Earth and Humanity unhealthily, currently.

Return to “Effects”