hi i cant really explain my music that well

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

a little bit about me:
i got into recording last summer but due to personal issues i didn't finish these songs before recently.
i have bpd and basically me and my emotions aren't always on the same page and a relaxing outlet for me is to write down how i feel or think and sometimes i record those lyrics. good, or bad.

so i would say my music is more of an experimental hip-hop genre? perhaps some more experienced music lovers could help me better categorize my own style.. :lol:
i as of now do not produce my own beats so i license or buy them, the producers are credited in these tracks.

i am a bit uncertain about how i feel about my own voice as i am uncertain of many things in life and was hoping someone here could give me feedback, criticism or compliment are both appreciated:)
Last edited by hotmilk on Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your voice is fine and goes well with the music you're selecting to vocalize over. I listened to all 3, look into inserting a de-esser and EQ on your voice tracks. There's a lot of sizzle with "goddess" and "miss" for example in Blessing.

Good stuff

I would call that "melancholic-lascivious hip-hop". Reminds me a bit of Leonard Cohen. Very good as a start - the "Blessing" part, for example, deserves further development. I would now expect a chorus part - but your song fragment is already over there. :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

man you are so lucky to have such a great voice.

1st song was fine.
2nd song seemed a little too sparse to me.
3rdd song was cool.

btw don't let your BPD define you. Take care of it and yourself for sure, that is very important. But you are a lot more than just a bunch of symptoms wrapped into a name.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

My favorite of the three is "Blessing." But it feels a bit like a teaser. I wish it was developed a bit more. As enroe mentioned adding a chorus or a new section would be good. My favorite part out of all three is your singing on "Simp For You." You've got a great sounding voice.

great voice, and cool beats. is this lofi hiphop?
could be on that playlist for me, that one with the cat

Whoa didn't expect this many replies, thanks so much! I will try to reply to them all in this message.
vstdls wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:14 am Your voice is fine and goes well with the music you're selecting to vocalize over. I listened to all 3, look into inserting a de-esser and EQ on your voice tracks. There's a lot of sizzle with "goddess" and "miss" for example in Blessing.

Good stuff
Thank you for your kind words, it actually wasn't that bad to begin with but one of my rookie mistakes was that I recorded over an mp3 file and not using the higher quality wav version :D
So I mastered it to up the quality a bit and that's where all those ssss came from, I tried to use a de-esser hoping it would fly under the radar but I guess it didn't haha
enroe wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:30 am I would call that "melancholic-lascivious hip-hop". Reminds me a bit of Leonard Cohen. Very good as a start - the "Blessing" part, for example, deserves further development. I would now expect a chorus part - but your song fragment is already over there. :tu:
I'm gonna reply to you and Genetic_Junk in the same quote. I have a lease for that melody and there is about a minute left of unused melody I think and I actually did think about making it longer but in my head there's a certain female voice I could see cooking up a second part to that song. I might re-record it though as I learned a few new tricks to reduce the S sounds a bit, also I usually just work with the first and best recordings I do. I've got a lot of learning to do which is one of the reasons I came here, to read about Ableton and such
ATS wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:48 am man you are so lucky to have such a great voice.

1st song was fine.
2nd song seemed a little too sparse to me.
3rdd song was cool.

btw don't let your BPD define you. Take care of it and yourself for sure, that is very important. But you are a lot more than just a bunch of symptoms wrapped into a name.
Thank you! Actually I try to embrace it and learn about it rather than hide from it but I felt briefly bringing it up would better explain my third song :)
Jesse Gorter wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:42 pm great voice, and cool beats. is this lofi hiphop?
could be on that playlist for me, that one with the cat
Thank you for your kind words, it is lofi not sure if it is hip hop though (the blessing one) but that's the vibes I sort of went with. I quite like lofi.

Okay I hope I didn't butcher this post and sorry if I missed something, I did another take on Simp for You if anyone would like to listen, I'm indecisive whether or not the vocals are a bit loud as I like my voice to not be the centerpiece of the song but then again that song is just meant for good fun so I'll leave it here if anyone could give me feedback!

I hope to learn a lot from this community and thanks for giving me your precious time :pray:

https://soundcloud.com/onimane/simp-for ... atthew-may

as others already say; you have a great voice.

the lo-fi and minimalistic hip-hop works, especially in the third track for me. and 'Daddy's Girl', that is on your SC page.

hip hop, i can like, any genre, almost, i can like, but i think i tend to go for the darker stuff.... when it is hip hop or rap.

bordeline is hell... to say it in a direct way... (i have several diagnoses.... well not important to explain them... but i live also in chronical state of well...)

about the voice and mixing, or 'treatment'; i am not a de-esser person or... i myself even emphasize them...
so for me i can't say much, about it, right now.

I love "Oni". Deep dark and awesome!

WasteLand wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:21 pm the lo-fi and minimalistic hip-hop works, especially in the third track for me. and 'Daddy's Girl', that is on your SC page.
Ugh I had hoped that one would fly under the radar as I had no clue what I was doing when I made that! lol. I'm glad you can appreciate my beat choices!
thenumber23 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:44 pm I love "Oni". Deep dark and awesome!
I appreciate that, Oni is personal to me. Some of the lyrics from it I took from another song that I scrapped, basically becoming Oni.

Thanks again to everyone for all the feedback, I will keep some of these things in mind for the future for sure!

Return to “Music Cafe”