PA SSL J, currently $15

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Heads up: I know this one has been on a lot of radars, and for the first time I've seen it this is currently $15 with the typical coupon BOOM-20-OFF-29

We can take this opportunity to check in on the state of SSL plugins as of late 2022. Many people believe this 9000 J is among the best ones. Thoughts?

I really like it, done quite a few mixes with it now and find it a very useful mixing tool. The low mids on it are really nice when pushed - compressor sounds really good on drums.

I use the bx SSL 4000 E and G as my standard channel strips. G works really nice on guitar. I use the bx SSL 9000 J on orchestral tracks sometimes.

The one shortcoming of the Brainworx models is they neglected to model the preamps for some reason. The Waves SSL EV2 models the preamps and it sounds really good.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

BTW, the Amek 9099 is also $15 right now with code MEGA-25-OFF-39

Not trying to promote PA stuff, just have been watching these sales for over a year knowing that the $15 price was coming at some point. Odd that both their leading BX strips are on the lowest sale price at the same time.

The other day there was a $20 voucher with no minimum, so I grabbed a $19.99 plugin.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Effects”