Available now: Tone2 Saurus4 analog synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

zzz00m wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:36 pm
Le0nidas wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:35 pm
cyberheater wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:37 pm I think a lot of folks would be interested in a iPad version.
The version for iPad will be more of a toy, I don’t quite understand what the convenience is.
Live performances?

No need to shift the focus from the PC versions for manufacturer, there will always be something to add and fix.
The developer of KV331 Audio went down the i-Thingy rabbit hole, and that set him back a few years on the SynthMaster 3 timeline. Then he had to deal with the Apple switch to the Silicon CPU. Another big setback...

I am all for focusing development on the major computer platforms first, then playing with the toys later...
You guys are riot. M1 iPads are more than enough to run Saurus or any other VST. And frankly, KV331 guy should have been better off for the Mac Apple Silicon transition given that he already had a version of SynthMaster running on Apple Silicon because of the iPad version. How do you think Moog has Model 15 on the Mac? It was only ever an iPad app until the Apple Silicon transition.

KV331 guy should have been better off for the Mac Apple Silicon transition given that he already had a version of SynthMaster running on Apple Silicon because of the iPad version.
Please have a litte more respect for KV331. He is a very talented programmer and he is not slow or lazy at all. It's Apple and Steinberg who have seriously messed up things here.
I am collaborating with KV331 in parts of the development as we both use similar libraries ( M1 transition / VSTGUI / AU / VSTSDK) and we regulary exchange our knowledge by email.
The transition to M1 was not easy at all for both of us. We both had to rewrite big parts of the software and he had to fix thousands of compiler errors.
Last edited by Markus Krause on Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberheater wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:37 pm I think a lot of folks would be interested in a iPad version.
We are a small company and dont have the resources to do this. Instead, we must focus on the existing products.
Apart from this Apple allows a distribution only through their own webshop.

Markus Krause wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:18 am
We are a small company and dont have the resources to do this. Instead, we must focus on the existing products.
Thanks Markus for the update. It's appreciated.

Markus Krause wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:14 am Please have a litte more respect for KV331. He is a very talented programmer and he is not slow or lazy at all. It's Apple and Steinberg who have seriously messed up things here.
I am collaborating with KV331 in parts of the development as we both use similar libraries ( M1 transition / VSTGUI / AU / VSTSDK) and we regulary exchange our knowledge by email.
The transition to M1 was not easy at all for both of us. We both had to rewrite big parts of the software and he had to fix thousands of compiler errors.
:hug: :hug: :hug:
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Markus Krause wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:18 am
Keep up the good work!

Markus Krause wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:14 am
KV331 guy should have been better off for the Mac Apple Silicon transition given that he already had a version of SynthMaster running on Apple Silicon because of the iPad version.
Please have a litte more respect for KV331. He is a very talented programmer and he is not slow or lazy at all. It's Apple and Steinberg who have seriously messed up things here.
Say wut? Always interesting how people interpret simple statements. I didn't make a single comment about his talent or anything else so quit it with the sour grapes already. The transition to M1 should have been easier, the guy already had a working Apple Silicon version of SynthMaster v1 and v2. How in god's name could it not have been easier having had that experience in writing and maintaining those products?

And for the record, I own the Mac AND iOS versions of Synthmaster 1 and 2 to support the guy and his work.

You are not the developer and you're not familiar with the source codes and the libraries. So you don't know if a transition is easy or not.
I've seen parts of kV331's codes and can confirm that he had to do lots of work and testing to port everything to Vst3 and M1 and AudioUnitV2.

Even if you bought some products from 'the guy' this still does not give you the right to treat him in a respectless way or to dictate how he has to run his business

Available now: Saurus 3.4

Saurus is an authentic emulation of analog synthesizers. It covers all aspects of the most famous and expensive synths, but without disadvantages.

The update to v3.4 is available for free for all Saurus users. It adds VST3 support, a new standalone and enhancements.

Product page:
https://www.tone2.com/saurus.html

Download link (free demo and update):
https://www.tone2.com/download.html

Price: €59 / $69 $119

Big image: https://www.tone2.com/images/Tone2_Saur ... enshot.jpg

Saurus 3.4 (free update)

The update is available for free for all Saurus users.

New features:
  • Added a VST3 version for Mac (M1 native and Intel).
  • Added a standalone version for Mac (M1 native and Intel).
  • Completely new AudioUnit interface.
Enhancements:
  • Several small enhancements.
Fixes:
  • Automation in the VST3 version did not work with parameters that were located behind the 10th slot.
  • Workaround for a bug of Ableton and FL Studio which did not display AudioUnits.
  • Workaround for a bug of Reaper which did display automation parameters incorrectly.
  • The AU version of Saurus 3.2 running in M1 mode could occasionally crash.

Is there any reason for Windows users to update, Markus? I'm not having a go at you or anything, just wondering.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Thank you Markus :tu:

Is there any reason for Windows users to update, Markus? I'm not having a go at you or anything, just wondering.
If you are on Windows and use VST2 you can skip this update.

---

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:02 amIf you are on Windows and use VST2 you can skip this update.
Cool, thanks. I try to stick with VST2 as far as possible, as Studio One doesn't seem to like VST3 much.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:31 am ... Studio One doesn't seem to like VST3 much.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Makes me like S1 more!
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Return to “Instruments”