Studio One 6 Smart templates?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it true, you can't edit the Smart templates?
Does Studio One 6 always open up showing the Smart template page or can you disable the smart templates so S1 doesn't always show it when you open S1?

in this video he says, you can't edit the Smart Templates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL9CcwacQaE

I was excited when I read the term smart templates, but after looking into them ,they aren't very smart at all. They're basically exactly what you'd have if you made your own start up template, which is what any serious producer/tracking/mixer would have done already.

The request for actual Mixing Templates was much different. It was requested for years now, the templates we wanted we're the ability to have a project open, and then with the switch of a button, add a template to an already open song/project, that would import our Mixing template with our favorite plugins already assigned to channels etc.

I've been making templates in S1 since v1, from basic tracking templates to multi-timbral vst templates with outputs already assigned etc. .
I guess this is what some users feared the most about the so called dumbing down ( to lower the level of difficulty and the intellectual content ) of S1, and it's here live in the flesh, perhaps why some see it for what's potentially coming, and some don't?

Alot of us saw what happened to Cakewalk once Gibson bought and took over their vision, so to say we're crazy it's utterly ridiculous. Besides when we're guitar players classified as less intelligent? The idea fender's CEO thinks Presonus should change mid stream is a bad thing imo..They we're fine without them, why do you think Fender even acquired them?

I don't see how this sits well with Wolfgang Kundru.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

I think it's more about catering to a younger demographic. Presonus will be creating their own Guitar Hero Midi Guitars with flashy graphics in Studio One, they built a new GUI for it didn't they with new icons and such. ;-) Might attract FL Studio owners.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

There was obviously a focus on V6 to simplify the user experience. Fortunately it isn’t a feature you have to use, like the show page it will probably appeal to only a small number of users, but at least it doesn’t get in the way or clutter things up. There was also plenty of useful stuff for more advanced users (not enough yet for me to bother from 5.5, but maybe by 6.5j
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Can you choose so the Smart template selection page does NOT show up every time S1 6 is opened? If it is shown every time S1 6 is opened/restarted that will be so annoying.

S1 v6 do not recognise templates from v5. I have a bunch of them, does someone have the same issue?

Serhii Kot wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:36 am S1 v6 do not recognise templates from v5. I have a bunch of them, does someone have the same issue?
I haven't upgraded to 6, but if that is the case it would be a major problem for many...including me.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:42 am
Serhii Kot wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:36 am S1 v6 do not recognise templates from v5. I have a bunch of them, does someone have the same issue?
I haven't upgraded to 6, but if that is the case it would be a major problem for many...including me.
I copied manually, files from v5 folder to v6 and all is working now.
Screenshot 2022-10-02 at 13.22.15.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You have the S1 6? Can you choose so the Smart template option is not shown every time you open/start S1?

deleted
Last edited by Serhii Kot on Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

deleted
Last edited by Serhii Kot on Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Serhii Kot wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:41 am
Serhii Kot wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:41 am
Bartone wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:06 am
You have the S1 6? Can you choose so the Smart template option is not shown every time you open/start S1?
It is not showing when I start S1. Why do you think that smart templates shows at startup?

In the video in first post the Smart Teplates seem to open automatically with S1. I thought they will pop up every single time when opening S1 :D

In the video, Iulian says now that sends are added to FX channels, FX and Group channels are now the same.

But there is actually still one significant difference, which should still be applicable in version 6, and which anyone who uses Mix Engine FX should be familiar with.

When “Passthrough” is active in Mix FX, crosstalk passes through Group channels down to the audio channels routed to it. But Passthrough does not work with FX channels, so any audio track using an FX channel as its routing destination will be walled off from any crosstalk.

This is important to know and understand when using Mix FX with ampsims, because you don’t want surrounding channels bleeding into your guitar amp!

So what you do is send your guitar+ampsim track out to a group channel through an insert, and then route the guitar+ampsim destination to an FX channel with the volume at -inf.

Now your guitar amp track will still have crosstalk with surrounding tracks, just as it would if you recorded an amp to tape. But now the crosstalk won’t be inside the amp, like a scene out of Spinal Tap.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”