Has anyone heard from Tom? (Sound Guru of the Mangle fame?)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Or does anyone know his username here to pm? I sent him an email to no response. I need another exe to re-install the Mangle. :(

Heh. Good luck. He's been gone and unresponsive for years now. :(

You might be able to find some help from other posts in this Tangle Thread. Though you'll have to sift through the usual KVR drivel of people getting into semi-unrelated personal fights.

His username is widdershins, but he hasn't been active here since 2016-17. I'm not even sure if licenses are sent out for new purchases.

See if you have an email anywhere mentioning a Mangle update. From what I understand, the original purchase email link is broken, but I think I heard the "update" one works.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

functionform wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:38 pm Or does anyone know his username here to pm? I sent him an email to no response. I need another exe to re-install the Mangle. :(
Same here!

It's dead now:

http://sound-guru.com

I assume from your phrasing that you already received your license in the past. If so, you can download the demo exe from https://web.archive.org, which cached the website numerous times, then authorize it offline.

oh shit, need to export and see to replace all my Mangle instances asap, what was the last version of it? need to check which version i got. it still works it seems so far and the recalling of samples seems also to work.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

AJYoung wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:30 pm Heh. Good luck. He's been gone and unresponsive for years now. :(
It's one thing to cease your business, but, vanishing without any notice to your customers is really bad style.

No serious business I know would to that.

chk071 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:51 am
AJYoung wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:30 pm Heh. Good luck. He's been gone and unresponsive for years now. :(
It's one thing to cease your business, but, vanishing without any notice to your customers is really bad style.

Really surprised coming from that dude? :lol:

He managed the whole thing like a mess right from the begining. At least he stopped selling it and collecting the money from people. This guy is a joke.

the mangle still one of the best granular synths out there though
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:33 pm the mangle still one of the best granular synths out there though
It's ok I guess but I think Quanta (especially the latest V2) is much better, powerful and versatile overall as a granular synth. And at least is well supported and maintained.

There's that new Jellyfish granular synth outhere, released few weeks ago that could be a solid contender to the Mangle, but there is still no (yet) demo so it's really hard to say without really demoing it.

My vote goes for Quanta 2 all the way.

Neon Breath wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:17 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:51 am

Really surprised coming from that dude? :lol:

He managed the whole thing like a mess right from the begining. At least he stopped selling it and collecting the money from people. This guy is a joke.
I didn't know. All I ever read was that he doesn't respond to anything, and was just gone one day.

Some people just don't know how to run things.

chk071 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:55 pm Some people just don't know how to run things.
This. Some people are brilliant but aren’t good business people. Tangle is still way ahead of its time. We can’t confuse brilliance with customer service. I applaud innovators, even if they suck at customer service. I doubt Thomas Edison could ever deal with the public.

Fact is, nobody knows. Bad things can happen. People get sick or die. As long we don’t know, we must not judge…!
I would assume something bad happened and go on. As long it works its fine, or look for something else, be it Quanta or whatever…

Bodhisan wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:40 pm I doubt Thomas Edison could ever deal with the public.
Au contraire! Tesla was doing the inventing. Edison just ripped him off and went public.

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:11 am Fact is, nobody knows. Bad things can happen. People get sick or die. As long we don’t know, we must not judge…!
I would assume something bad happened and go on. As long it works its fine, or look for something else, be it Quanta or whatever…
That's much too reasonable. A comment like that is truly out of place on KVR. I much prefer the guilty-without-proof mentality (over a $20 beta) and songs like "I Like Potato."

Return to “Instruments”