Camel Audio Alchemy is gone forever. Now what?!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@BBFG# What version of Alchemy are you using? I am running 1.55.0.3368 (on Windows 10) and am unable to reproduce the damper problem. I am using a Yamaha FC3 pedal. I have tested with pads and pianos. Though the sounds do not actually handle the partial damper feature, as long as it is slightly pressed, I get sustained notes. I have tested all sorts of levels throughout the pedal range. As soon as I lift off the pedal, the sound releases.

I have not seen the duplicate names either. Though I don't have every library, I do have most of them (21). I have "A Taste of Camel" which was a library sampler containing five sounds for each library, so I still have SOMETHING listed in every library. I have everything installed in default directories. Are you using an external drive or a different directory from defaults?

I still use it
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

iPlogger wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:47 am @BBFG# What version of Alchemy are you using? I am running 1.55.0.3368 (on Windows 10) and am unable to reproduce the damper problem. I am using a Yamaha FC3 pedal. I have tested with pads and pianos. Though the sounds do not actually handle the partial damper feature, as long as it is slightly pressed, I get sustained notes. I have tested all sorts of levels throughout the pedal range. As soon as I lift off the pedal, the sound releases.

I have not seen the duplicate names either. Though I don't have every library, I do have most of them (21). I have "A Taste of Camel" which was a library sampler containing five sounds for each library, so I still have SOMETHING listed in every library. I have everything installed in default directories. Are you using an external drive or a different directory from defaults?
Version 1.55.0.3368
Pedal is Yamaha FC3a
I show about 50 libraries.

I went to the config file and was able to hide the "Show presets available to buy". Which seems to reset after a reinstall.
I can use any simple sustain pedal (momentary) without issue though.
And I use the same pedals on my other keyboard run through my Win7 machine with the same exact problems. I remember support kept having me delete an ini file and doing a rescan with the same result.

Maybe you can PM me your config and ini file for me to do a comparison?

We should have our own sub thread for us Camel Win users here.

BBFG# wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:43 pm
Basspartout wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:58 pm @BBFG: no double preset issues so far, nor have I any damper pedal issues. Played around with it all evening and yes, it still has a specific character that no other Synth I own comes close. Lots of high quality presets with character and high usability. Also love the variation buttons and the X/Y pads and always wondered why other synths/companies havent copied that. And thanks for the preset bank tips. Will definitely check it out!
@Teksonik: Yes, thanks, very important reminder!!!
Is your damper continuous or momentary? The latter works fine, the former triggers on but then stays on. Most people only use the momentary. And Camel was aware of the double preset problem but admitted they didn't have the time to correct it before the deadline Apple set in the takeover.
Do you have all the Camel libraries?
I think it only happens when they are all there? I've actually learned to live with that though.
The concerning issue that happens now is that new versions of DAWs can't always save the presets by track.
I'll have to start writing info for each project I use it in I guess...
Ok, my damper pedals are probably all momentary. Continous controllers of course can be tricky, speaking from experience with my Roland TD17 HiHat controller and certain drum libraries.
I dont have all the libraries, it's mostly Factory and I think "A Taste Of Camel" with a few examples from each. Thanks to iPlogger for the link to the Youroun libs.
I remember the Luftrum libs having some outstanding sounds, especially Pads and Soundscapes. Maybe I will contact him and ask him if it's still possible to buy them.
Luckily Studio One 5.5 is working well with several instances of Alchemy so far, also remembering the presets. But of course I am prepared and made it a habit to render every Alchemy track immediately to audio.
Does anybody know if/how it's possible to change the skin of Alchemy without going into the .config file? I changed it there to "Nightshade" and this skin is working great for me.

iPlogger wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:33 pm I have not run into duplicates or the damper issue (I use a Yamaha FC3 pedal).

Yuroun is now under the name Seva Randeep Singh. You can buy all his Alchemy libraries in a single bundle here: https://www.sevarandeep.nl/sound_banks/legacy/

Lots of wonderful sounds.

If you are looking for some extras from Luftrum, I seem to recall getting a small Luftrum sampler off Rekkerd, but that was many, many years ago.
Fantastic. Bought them right away.
So happy.
Thanks a lot for the hint :love: :love:

outta here
Last edited by JockMcRonan on Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes - all the legacy libraries do

outta here
Last edited by JockMcRonan on Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Many of the Camel ones are in there under other names (eg parts of Dream Voices) but I know they didn't get them all - for example those by PluginGuru he wouldn't sell the rights to and now sells them himself.

As you might expect some of the older ones sound a bit different in the new version due to changes to filters etc but they all load and most do sound fine. Also to get them to show in the Logic Library it doesn't like it if preset file structures are too deep so a couple needed slight reorganisation (I think it was mainly some of the Patchpool ones that needed that)

Basspartout wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:11 pm Hey, just wanted to let you know that I just successfully installed Alchemy again on my WIN10 computer without any issues. It opened immediately in Studio One 5.5, scanned all the presets and soundbanks, showing my Username and didnt even ask for anything. Makes me so happy, I love Alchemy, especially the Choir Sounds and Pads and thought I could never use it again. Wish I would have bought all soundbanks back in the day, especially the gorgous Luftrum ones.
Alchemy is working on win 10 for me. Bought more than half the libraries and still enjoy it.

The hopelessness of never having a tool like Alchemy again has long passed. Even if an approach is different, there are many newer products that are as sonically incredible (examples: Lunaris and Bioscape by Luftrum) that create better sounding evolving pad results than Alchemy.

I still intend to use it some but mostly moved on since 2015. Probably my favorite feature was the xy pad for "morphing" assigned cc parameters simultaneously thru 8 variations. The default xy variation on most presets were drastic changes ... I found having subtler changes was a more musical use of the xy.

Cool enough synth it may still get me buy an apple logic setup.

I’m still using it as well, one of my favorite vsts, works great on win10 / win 11
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Kevin63101 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:01 pm Cool enough synth it may still get me buy an apple logic setup.
Alchemy has significantly improved since being in Logic.

For a cheaper alternative to Logic it’s in MainStage too no?

(Logic here but just thought I’d throw that out there)
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:55 am For a cheaper alternative to Logic it’s in MainStage too no?

You can play presets... but not make your own

revvy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:55 am For a cheaper alternative to Logic it’s in MainStage too no?

Logic is the cheap part. I'd need an apple computer too ... :clown:

Return to “Instruments”