One Synth Challenge #164: Ghost (beta) by exacoustics (ChristopherWD Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FrogsInPants wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:39 pm
Taron wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:39 pm Eh, have you tried any of it? Because I've already tried modulating that osc volume with velocity, which is the monophone velocity and I haven't found a way, yet, to modify the amount of modulation influence of an envelope. Can't find that for the life of me?! :shrug:
Yeah, although I wasn't listening for whether the results were polyphonic. I'll post some details when I get off work. In the meantime, ISTR someone posting the other day about where to find the modulation amount, either here or in the Ghost beta thread.
I used the Amount in the Mod Matrix ... pulled it back to zero, dropped the "Vel" modulator on it and set it to whatever max mod ammount you like. In the picture you can see LFO2 is modulating OSC B's volume. And the amount of the modulation is controled by velocity...check the little circle with the letter "V" in it next to the amount knob
Env modulating Mod-Amount.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hilarious
-> go to an LFO
-> draw any waveform you like
-> right click in the LFO panel
-> "append to OSC"
It will append the LFO shape as a wavetable single cycle to the current OSC...
Just wanted you to know that ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nice find, Peter. And thanks also for posting the modulation info. :tu:
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

] Peter:H [ wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:48 pm
FrogsInPants wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:39 pm
Taron wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:39 pm Eh, have you tried any of it? Because I've already tried modulating that osc volume with velocity, which is the monophone velocity and I haven't found a way, yet, to modify the amount of modulation influence of an envelope. Can't find that for the life of me?! :shrug:
Yeah, although I wasn't listening for whether the results were polyphonic. I'll post some details when I get off work. In the meantime, ISTR someone posting the other day about where to find the modulation amount, either here or in the Ghost beta thread.
I used the Amount in the Mod Matrix ... pulled it back to zero, dropped the "Vel" modulator on it and set it to whatever max mod ammount you like. In the picture you can see LFO2 is modulating OSC B's volume. And the amount of the modulation is controled by velocity...check the little circle with the letter "V" in it next to the amount knob
Env modulating Mod-Amount.png
Use it on a sustained note with high velocity, then hold that note and play another with low velocity. If we have the same version of the synth, you'll notice that it's not polyphonic. :shrug:

This is looking really promising. Awesome synth - and aside from the fact that there's really no presets, doesn't feel beta at all.
Having no presets makes this all the more interesting.

Unrelated question, just out of curiosity: are there any past or current demoscene people doing OSC?

Depends on how far you'd want to go back, because I certainly was part of the demo scene in the 80's, hahaha! :lol:

] Peter:H [ wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:02 pm Hilarious
-> go to an LFO
-> draw any waveform you like
-> right click in the LFO panel
-> "append to OSC"
It will append the LFO shape as a wavetable single cycle to the current OSC...
Just wanted you to know that ...
There doesn't seem to be a limit on how many times you can do this either. I have added 5 or 6 to the basic sine and it just keeps appending them on. Great find.

I put some patches here if they're of any use:
https://load81.run/files/Toggleaudio - ... atches.zip

So, I'm wondering if this is a bug, a feature, or just me. When I load a patch, the little circle to toggle modulation amounts next to modulated parameters doesn't show up. If I click into the mod matrix and then back out, it magically appears. Thoughts?
ImageImage

kylebenjamin wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:43 am So, I'm wondering if this is a bug, a feature, or just me. When I load a patch, the little circle to toggle modulation amounts next to modulated parameters doesn't show up. If I click into the mod matrix and then back out, it magically appears. Thoughts?
ImageImage
Bug. Report it I reckon

Edit: I have had this happen on the FM matrix as well while working on a patch (not closing the UI)

kylebenjamin wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:43 am [...]
Hi Kyle,
nice to see you back in the game! :wheee:
About reporting bugs: have you considered joining exacoustics' Discord server?
The dev is way more active over there than here. In the mail with the code for the full version there should have been a Discord invite.

SeBaer wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:53 pm
kylebenjamin wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:43 am [...]
Hi Kyle,
nice to see you back in the game! :wheee:
About reporting bugs: have you considered joining exacoustics' Discord server?
The dev is way more active over there than here. In the mail with the code for the full version there should have been a Discord invite.
Thanks, man! Good to be back. Thanks for the suggestion about joining the Discord server. I'll do that. :tu:

What is the best vst3 wrapper software to use with a DAW (Mulab) that only has vst and vst2 support, not vst3.
Thanks

Cool song on first page Peter H

hope4ever wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:55 pm What is the best vst3 wrapper software to use with a DAW (Mulab) that only has vst and vst2 support, not vst3.
Thanks
I did find this..
VST3 to VST2
viewtopic.php?t=560297
Though still looking for suggestions for the best vst wrapper paid and free. Also what works with Mulab, I also have ableton live and FL Studio etc. But want to use Mulab as its portable and lightweiht and fits on my tablet windows pc.

Return to “Instruments”