Kush Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

legendCNCD wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:31 pm
SNBeatz wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:30 am +1 for Omega TWK, it's a dream machine for grunging up bass/808s

And a question for anyone with experience with both Omega A and Omega 458A: how do they differ in high frequency treatment when pushed moderately/not quite to the point of full blown distortion?
Here A does not get to be used almost at all. 458A is completely different if I remember, it'll accelerate transients but cut bass off a bit. Thats what I use it usually in drum buss for example.
https://i.imgur.com/gmtXzCD.png
https://i.imgur.com/UCQWCi5.png

Red one is 458A
Fantastic, thanks for going through the trouble for the analysis! I'll probably get all of them at some point but, 458 will be the next grab since TWK handles most of the "heavier" stuff really well

Kush plugins sound cool but many need a gui refresh and to be updated for Apple Silicon.

Novatron is still cool. Silika is a fun clipper.

ToMegaTherion wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:41 am Kush plugins sound cool but many need a gui refresh and to be updated for Apple Silicon.

Why GUI refresh? Do they not work on new CPUs?
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

legendCNCD wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:46 pm
ToMegaTherion wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:41 am Kush plugins sound cool but many need a gui refresh and to be updated for Apple Silicon.

Why GUI refresh? Do they not work on new CPUs?
He may be referring to the fact that some Kush plugins are still quite low resolution, they could use an update to look sharper on higher res screens.

I'm just hoping Gregory Scott is OK. Been really quiet for months.

I sent Kush a question whether UBK-1 would be getting vst3 support and got a quick answer, after the weekend, that it would but no timeline on it. I assume then that things must be somewhat ok with them.

Yep... I love the Kush plugins I have (TWK and 458A) but they look a bit like abandonware to me.
I don't get how they couldn't update them to Apple Silicon in 2 years, and actually not even plan to do so...

Typical problem with these one-guy-developers:
When they are distracted by whatever nothing happens anymore.
It's a pity!

They may as well sound the best in the world but I won't buy any plugins that have any one of the below quality now

1. no Apple Silicon Native
2. no VST3
3. iLok but do not support computer or cloud activation or do not have at least 2 activations

4. Nonvector graphic GUI with super slow load time and sluggish control (for example Softube, Arturia..etc (this one can be a bit more flexible if they are REALLY good, I can make an exception)

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:24 am Typical problem with these one-guy-developers:
It's a pity!
I think the problem is not so much that it's a one-man-show but rather that the plugins
are coded by a contractor instead of than Gregory himself.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:30 am
martinjuenke wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:24 am Typical problem with these one-guy-developers:
It's a pity!
I think the problem is not so much that it's a one-man-show but rather that the plugins
are coded by a contractor instead of than Gregory himself.
Oh, wasn't aware of that.
Not a comfortable and risk free situation. :dog:

No, it certainly isn't.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

hanging out for M1 versions!!!!!! !!!! ! ! !! !!!! !! !! ! !!!! !! !! !! !
kinda shot myself in the foot when i discovered Kush plugins.
I can't NOT use them now. So can't go M1 native until Kush does.
And Cytomic. Can't live without the Drop either.

FYI - Gregory Scott is recovering from a major spinal injury.

Also, plugins work great on Windows, and I’m ok when developers spend time on new plugins rather than continually porting to whatever new changes Apple has forced on them for the year.

You didn’t get it… it’s not new OS or Apple fetish, it’s new processor, new technology, which a lot more powerful. And it has been released 2 years ago…

I see that it’s just not your problem, not your case, you don’t have new generation MacBook so it’s incredibly easy for you to tell things like that because it’s actually better for you to receive new plugins for Windows instead of solving these boring compatibility issues :)
vitocorleone123 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:17 pm FYI - Gregory Scott is recovering from a major spinal injury.

Also, plugins work great on Windows, and I’m ok when developers spend time on new plugins rather than continually porting to whatever new changes Apple has forced on them for the year.
Last edited by Dombaeb on Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”