UA Bass-Mint any good? compared to other enhancers?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No output knob. Worst

I like the different choice of algorithms. There’s something there for every occasion.

I'm suddenly really digging this one..

More exploring is needed, but feels like a one STOP shop , for a lot of bass polishing duties ..

They put a volyme knob there wich is superb (autogain would be nice)
but a wet/dry knob would complete the plug-in.

👾

I've got it for a couple days, and I like it more than I expected...
It's very efficient

I had the opposite experience. Not great results right away and it introduced a syntheticness to my bass. Maybe I need to dive deeper into it, but on first pass it didn't instill anything that motivates me to go deeper.

Does anyone have experience with Klevgrand Knorr? I will be trying that out next.

Raddler1 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:45 am No output knob. Worst
is so strange it does not have a wet/dry mix knob.

Michael from UA addressed the dry-wet mix knob issue on Gearspace. Quoted from the Bass-Mint release page:

Regarding Dry/Wet, one of the alpha versions had it, but we removed it for two reasons:
1) In a few of the modes, the STRENGTH knob is already a dry/wet control.
2) In other modes, having a dry/wet feature adds a *lot* of phase issues.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

scott_free wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:59 pm Michael from UA addressed the dry-wet mix knob issue on Gearspace. Quoted from the Bass-Mint release page:

Regarding Dry/Wet, one of the alpha versions had it, but we removed it for two reasons:
1) In a few of the modes, the STRENGTH knob is already a dry/wet control.
2) In other modes, having a dry/wet feature adds a *lot* of phase issues.
fair enough, has not been all that useful for me

the last algorithm set with a mild strength is master on synth bass. It really adds LOW end and is my goto plugin for this duty.
Need more lowend bass on your tb303 or pro one synth plug, try this one. It is also so much better than the SubSynth PA offers. The other algorithms I do not use, the last one is where the magic happens.

I was able to get Bass Mint for a really low price with a voucher. I thought that would be the last plug-in specifically for the low end that I would need.

After some use, I decided to try Enforcer from Boom Library because I wasn’t totally satisfied with the results. Now, between the two, I am able to dial in all of the low end energy that I need during the mixing process.

I do tend to use Enforcer most of the time now and I would totally recommend it. Just be aware that it uses iLok since that can be a deal breaker for some.

And both plug-ins can be overdone, creating very unnatural and ‘boomy’ mixes. So make sure to check your mix on a pair of monitors if you’re in the habit of mixing on headphones. :tu:

morphex wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:30 pm I was able to get Bass Mint for a really low price with a voucher. I thought that would be the last plug-in specifically for the low end that I would need.

After some use, I decided to try Enforcer from Boom Library because I wasn’t totally satisfied with the results. Now, between the two, I am able to dial in all of the low end energy that I need during the mixing process.

I do tend to use Enforcer most of the time now and I would totally recommend it. Just be aware that it uses iLok since that can be a deal breaker for some.

And both plug-ins can be overdone, creating very unnatural and ‘boomy’ mixes. So make sure to check your mix on a pair of monitors if you’re in the habit of mixing on headphones. :tu:
Enforcer is very good, has been more useful to me than Bass-Mint.

Bassmint messes with the phase of the track way too much to be useful

Another one worth checking out is the OG bx_subsynth. Does the resonant high pass trick like Bark of Dog, does actual synthesis like Bass Mint, does harmonics, etc.

I got this recently and think it's one of the best tools pa has put out.

Beforehand I've been using airwindows basskit and Ableton drumbus to extend and shape low end.

This is much better and gives lots of different flavours whilst still being concise. The clarity dial is really good at tightening things up.

It's a great plug. I've used it a lot over the last few months.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Effects”