switch from bitwig to another daw

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi folks ,
i search for a similar daw like bitwig
but please not ableton and please not reason , do you know a daw with good price marketing
so in the middle range ?

thanks for helping me , know i have to learn a new daw :phones:

FL Studio

fl studio dont like that much , but have a good pricepoint and i like their marketing strategy

okay guys thanks to all

i will switch to fl studio
i like their marketing more than bitwig

Short and sweet debate.

I would choose rent-to-own S1 from Splice
https://splice.com/daws/38892279-studio ... y-presonus
and a
https://kilohearts.com/products/kilohearts_subscription
PhasePlant-SnapHeap-Multipass combo

instead of FL that would be closer to Bitwig this can't be done in FL so easily
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdCytW_u-mI&

multiple SnapHeap and Multipass instances can be dropped into each other so the fx-based workflow will be similar to BWS, Grid can't be copied that's unique
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Good pricing matters. Now that we can't trust Bitwig anymore, FL Studio and Reaper have the best pricing models.

I love the features in Bitwig but I highly believe that a good song does not require a specific DAW or plugin.

a9k1tp wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:34 pm Good pricing matters. Now that we can't trust Bitwig anymore, FL Studio and Reaper have the best pricing models.
Why you can't trust Bitwig anymore?

Just today I have a new update! The pricing seems a little bit expensive (the update plan for the full Studio), but it's a great DAW.

I have the 16 tracks version and glad with it (I have several complex synths, Phase Plant included, so I don't need the Grid that much).

FL Studio is different! It's a pattern based DAW, while Bitwig and Ableton Live are clip based. They have very different workflow.

Do not switch to Studio One.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Cheap alternative: Mulab. I have it to play around and sometimes reach for it for more complex tasks. Enough complexity for me. And it has a modular.

jamcat wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:04 pm Do not switch to Studio One.
Actually S1 v6 Artist is a bargain 👌 Great DAW and updating it can't be cheaper!

Ableton Live, where a lot of the features of the wig originated.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

EnGee wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Actually S1 v6 Artist is a bargain 👌 Great DAW and updating it can't be cheaper!
Maybe so, but he won't like Studio One for what it is, and will start demanding PreSonus make it more like Bitwig.

jamcat wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:20 pm
EnGee wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:11 pm
Maybe so, but he won't like Studio One for what it is, and will start demanding PreSonus make it more like Bitwig.
Do you mean the clip launcher?! :hihi: Well, Logic has it, so why not S1? :lol:

Seriously, you'll never know! Some have changed from FL Studio to Cubase and others from Reaper to S1 ...etc, and they were glad for the change. There is a demo I guess anyway, so people can try before they buy ;)

Actually, one of the best new features of Studio One is the Customization Editor, so in the unfortunate event that they ever did add a clip looper and modulators to modulate modulators modulating oscillators, I could just hide all that and never have to see it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”