One Synth Challenge #163: Cardinal by DISTRHO (Voting Started!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello folks,

after a 4 month hiatus I didn't want to skip another one, but unfortunately I'm a bit (too?) late.

Anyway, though I've been a little ill since a few days, I'm glad that I've managed to make a small song and hope someone will listen to it, even if I may not be allowed to participate in the voting.

I've used some presets (special thanks to MyLoFy) and also made a few on my own. Much is quite random and improvised, but I think it's a nice little tune.

https://soundcloud.com/user-167923738/c ... al_sharing

DAW: Logic Pro X 10.5.1
CardinalSynth: 12 instances
Native plugins: Channel EQ (2), Chromaverb (2), Adaptive Limiter (on Stereo Out)
Other plugins: OTT (4), Valhalla Supermassive (2) , STFU (1)

Cheers!

So, I have partial problems with SoundCloud now, I can listen and download from playlists, but I can't go to the SC pages or I don't even see individual tracks in KVR. I do not know the reasons (although I guess) and for how long it will take. Z' Prime generously posted my track on their page so that I could participate this month. So pay attention to the title! :hihi:
The voting form works for me, so I can listen to all the tracks and vote. I just won't be able to leave comments for all of you, sorry!
So it's a little inconvenient, I'll post the link to the track again and write technical information here. My track is already on the voting list, so there shouldn't be a double post.
https://soundcloud.com/z_prime/iv-the-s ... moon-night
Cardinal VCV - 18 instances. All tracks are frozen - my laptop is suffocating with 3-5 Cardinals in the DAW at the same time, even when they are inactive. Also, all patches are made from scratch, mostly simple schemes, I think no more than 12 modules in a patch. My favorites are Modal Synthesizer, Astro Vibe, Cloud Generator, Percussive Vibration, MVerb and Plateau. I haven't used these sample-based drums. :borg:
Plugins: 3x DD Tilt EQ, 1x OTT, 2x 1208 Audio Reviber, 2x Verberate Basic 2, 2x Wider, some built-in EQ.
Master: only AC-R 128 Loudness Meter.
So overall it's a pretty clean Cardinal sound. I will also post my patches here, I am grateful to this synthesizer for hours of inspired engineering and music making and I want to share the results with everyone wants! :phones:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IV! wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:06 amI will also post my patches here
Nice! you can also upload them to patchstorage.com so others can more easily find them :tu:

Hmm, I tried to register for the OSC site and it failed.

No clue what went wrong since the error message is super vague.

[edit: apparently the password field is extremely limited and insecure. had to dumb down my password to something terrible for it to accept registration]

And I voted :)

Went with "gut feeling" and leading somewhat with sound-design and originality in mind.

Also pinky swear I didn't vote for myself :P
Last edited by DRMR on Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

RichardSemper wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:07 am A number of tracks still need to be made downloadable on soundcloud. Please remember to check.
I could have sworn that I'd enabled direct downloads but IV pointed out I hadn't - thanks and it's now done :oops:

Oh yes, and I forgot to report here that I voted! :tu:

I am also done with the voting. All in all - very naice.

All done voting. Great bunch of tracks and somehow not what I was expecting from a modular...

I voted. Great tracks and so different.

I finished voting. I actually found some 4s and 5s scores.
This time the sound design was very interesting.

Best regards.

Oops, I only now realize that you have to score _all_ the tracks. I only made a top5, so will try to score the rest today :#

Voted, great tracks as usual. Unfortunately I will have to take a break from the competition, I hope to listen to you again soon, thank you all for listening and constructive comments.
Love,
Sample Me

voted, really enjoyed this month.

YouSampleMe wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:08 pm Voted, great tracks as usual. Unfortunately I will have to take a break from the competition, I hope to listen to you again soon, thank you all for listening and constructive comments.
Love,
Sample Me
Look forward to your return!
Captain Silverpants

Voted, great tracks this month!, good luck to all!

Return to “Instruments”