IK Multimedia's Comprexxor giveaway

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MJACau wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:43 pm I remember Glenn Fricker a Rock/Metal producer A/B'ing against his hardware unit last year, It sounds very close. https://youtu.be/66thE3uEM3c
Thanks IK :o
Nice video. The Comprexxor on the Mixbus compared with his hw is very nice indeed. Had to laugh when he saved that preset because it was indeed sounding much better than the hardware.

Just an FYI for anyone else having issues with the Comprexxor presets not installing: I contacted IK Multimedia support earlier this morning to ask about the problem I was having and got a response right away. They are aware of the issue and are looking to correct it shortly. They also sent me a zip file so I could install the presets manually in the meantime. I have to say, I am impressed with their customer service in this case, especially since the product was provided at no cost.

aslotkin wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:39 pm They also sent me a zip file so I could install the presets manually in the meantime.

Is there any way to post the zip file to here?

Thanks Rick

Yeah I'd much rather extract a zip file somewhere instead of installing the whole 2 GB plugin again.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Unfortunately, I was asked not to share the zip file. They said anyone having issues should contact customer service separately. Sorry!
Rickskii wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:47 pm
aslotkin wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:39 pm They also sent me a zip file so I could install the presets manually in the meantime.

Is there any way to post the zip file to here?

Thanks Rick

Just got Comprexxor (thank you IK).
The compressor is very good but I don't know where to use it. Quick try on a snare and it's a not-go for me, then on a vocal and it's good and dirt but I still prefer 1176.
Long story short: can you please educate me/drop ideas on how and where to use/approach this compressor, please? :ud:

mementus wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:45 pm Just got Comprexxor (thank you IK).
The compressor is very good but I don't know where to use it. Quick try on a snare and it's a not-go for me, then on a vocal and it's good and dirt but I still prefer 1176.
Long story short: can you please educate me/drop ideas on how and where to use/approach this compressor, please? :ud:
there are presets for it in you click the box at the bottom. try the presets according to where they claim it could be used.
all the best

The point of the Distressor is that you can put it on anything, and there will be a mode for it. It was designed to be the only compressor you’ll need.

Kick, snare, and vocals have traditionally been favourites. Or anything you need to nuke.

But if you prefer an 1176, then use an 1176. :shrug:

The Distressor was created back when people were still recording real rack gear to tape, and the 1176 was old, out of production, and hard to come by. This was a time when people were primarily buying new gear that was currently on the market, and they wanted to get the most for their money, not unitaskers.

It may no longer necessarily make sense to reach for a Distressor first, in an age where you have digital models of every piece of gear throughout history at your fingertips.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

niterateaudio wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:15 pm there are presets for it in you click the box at the bottom. try the presets according to where they claim it could be used.
Good point
jamcat wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:04 pm The point of the Distressor is that you can put it on anything, and there will be a mode for it. It was designed to be the only compressor you’ll need.

Kick, snare, and vocals have traditionally been favourites. Or anything you need to nuke.

But if you prefer an 1176, then use an 1176. :shrug:

The Distressor was created back when people were still recording real rack gear to tape, and the 1176 was old, out of production, and hard to come by. This was a time when people were primarily buying new gear that was currently on the market, and they wanted to get the most for their money, not unitaskers.

It may no longer necessarily make sense to reach for a Distressor first, in an age where you have digital models of every piece of gear throughout history at your fingertips.
Wow, what a great post! Very informative :phones:

I just remembered I have this and tried to install it today. With a god-awful product manager like theirs they can shove it up their asses. Recently I have less and less patience for dysfunctional shit like this. That's another company added to the blacklist, I'm glad I haven't bought anything from them yet.

Return to “Effects”