best current transient shapers/designers of all kind ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AtomicTransient BitterSweet Pro Nanopulse by JMG Sound Punctuate spiff

Hi folks, the title is so labeled being aware of different purposes of such a function, especially considering some of the recent eventide's release : "Physion" and "SplitEq" in where the extraction/separation process of either transients and body gives a major contribution to the main effect that in itself as not much things to do with transient shaping though

so here I'm yet listing my so to say favorites transient shapers

First level : NI Transient Master, Flux Bittersweet, izotope neutron transient shaper

reduced in functionality but easy and intuitive to use and so still have their usability

Middle level : Flux BS Pro,Wave Smack Attack JMGsound Nanopulse

Both noticably more elaborate, ...Nanopulse has IMO as very clever enhancer and resonance stage to add some sparkling aspects on transient shaping, perhaps unnatural but very creative and still relevant as a transient shaper

at the highest level : Newfangled audio Punctuate, Oeksound Spiff

Both having a very detailed multi band process under the hood, I'm still to be honest investigating these beasts to see what I can get out of them

So what your opinion on the current transient designers in the market ?

Oxford Envolution is still the best IMO.

I don't know which is the best but for transient manipulation, I use the combination of Softube Transient Shaper/Spiff/SplitEQ
and never felt like lacking something that I was looking for.

darkinners wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:36 pm I don't know which is the best but for transient manipulation, I use the combination of Softube Transient Shaper/Spiff/SplitEQ
and never felt like lacking something that I was looking for.
interesting strategy of effet cumulation !

I have and really like SPL Transient Designer and Voxengo's TransGainer, both excellent... but I generally end up using Stillwell's Transient Monster and Cubase' Envelope Shaper, for some reason I almost always get better results with those two (acoustic drums 80% of the time).

Amon1973 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:21 pm I have and really like SPL Transient Designer...
I don't have the SPL Transient Designer plugin proper, but I do have it in pieces with SPL's Attacker, Mo-Verb, and De-Verb.

I picked up the elysia nvelope plugin a few days ago. It's also modeled on hardware that was made by the same gentleman who created the SPL Transient Designer (Ruben Tilgner).

Here's some transient designer history, if anyone is interested - https://www.elysia.com/transient-designer-story

I have almost all mentioned and the one I turn to again and again is the kilohearts transient shaper. It just works.

Rickskii wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:31 pm I have almost all mentioned and the one I turn to again and again is the kilohearts transient shaper. It just works.
Same boat for me. I have quite a few paid ones and the two I turn to most are Kilohearts for anything quick and Transgressor 2 for anything a little more hands on

SNBeatz wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:37 pm
Rickskii wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:31 pm I have almost all mentioned and the one I turn to again and again is the kilohearts transient shaper. It just works.
Same boat for me. I have quite a few paid ones and the two I turn to most are Kilohearts for anything quick and Transgressor 2 for anything a little more hands on
That is exactly what I do....

Boz Transgressor 2 is decent, ADPTR Scult good too if you want the compression/expansion added all in one, simple transient fixes the NI one is great

...and what about more sophisticated transient designer like Spiff or Punctuate ?

I've been using Impact for a while now--it's nice. Am I missing anything?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

fairlyclose wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:42 pm atomic transient https://www.molecularbytes.com/mbcms/in ... ctransient
I am surprised at the lack of interest in this very powerful processor.

It's quite basic but sounds awesome. kHS Transient from Kilohearts.

Return to “Effects”