Best FM synth of 2022?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
chipsynth OPS7

outta here
Last edited by JockMcRonan on Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JockMcRonan wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:48 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:22 am Tranzistow wipes the floor with all of those mentioned above .
I only found out that you can load user samples in it’s contour generator , which you then use as either a carrier or modulator .
Which brings tranzistow into tg-sy territory .
And the website looks like it comes from the era of the SY/TG
LOL!!!
https://hrastprogrammer.com/hrastwood/tranzistow.htm
Windows 10 and too many plugins

JockMcRonan wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:48 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:22 am Tranzistow wipes the floor with all of those mentioned above .
I only found out that you can load user samples in it’s contour generator , which you then use as either a carrier or modulator .
And the website looks like it comes from the era of the SY/TG
You can modify the gui , but yeah it’s probably not for you .
Nothing wrong with the SY-TG era 👍
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Buckster wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:34 pm Bazille for me - even init sounds special to me - overall out of all my VSTs it's by far the on I think closest sounds like playing hardware - not sure why

When CLAP support is hopefully added soon it'll be even more incredible
+1

Yeah... Bazille really does sound like hardware. It's my favorite sounding synth I've ever used.

That GUI is the most unappealing GUI of all time... even so I would at least try it out if there were a Mac version.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:52 am
That GUI is the most unappealing GUI of all time... even so I would at least try it out if there were a Mac version.
Lke I said , you can change the colours .
Tranzistow has over thousands of parameters , sliders are the best option .
Some people are just more concerned about the gui of the a plugin compared to the actual soundquality.
Oh no , it doesn't have moog knobs and fake wooden edges , kids :D
Eyeball exchanging

outta here
Last edited by JockMcRonan on Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't hate the modern era either , but the early nineties to the early 2000's was the pinnacle of digital synthesis and a deep synth like the tg77 required menudiving , there is no way around that .
Same goes for tranzistow , yes the green gui is god awfull but that's the developer's choice of preference , you can however change the colours to your liking and there is no easy way to represents thousands of parameters on multiple pages .
Eyeball exchanging

I definitely would encourage everyone to give Tranzistow a try. Yes, the GUI is challenging compared to many of the big name players but just browse the presets for starters and get a sense of how unbelievably powerful it is. I donated to Hrast after evaluating it because it just is that good for FM and many other types of synthesis. By the way, the built in effects are also incredibly well done and fantastically tweakable. Make fun of the website and the interface all you want but the bottom line is the sound and it is amazing.

With that many people here apparently getting sick just looking at Cherry Audio's Sines, I can't even imagine how looking at Tranzistow would affect them :P I might give it a try though

If you don't like the stock colors of Synth1, here's an alternative look:
panel = #555555
text = #B5B2B1

Windows 10 and too many plugins

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:42 am
pdxindy wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:52 am
Lke I said , you can change the colours .
Some people are just more concerned about the gui of the a plugin compared to the actual soundquality.
Oh no , it doesn't have moog knobs and fake wooden edges , kids :D
UI/UX is a thing for a reason. Tranzistow has its own niche user base because those people do need/want the tweakability but dare I say to most people, UI like that wouldn't be inspiring to make sound/music with.

Why would people pay extra money for a midi controller when one can just use the mouse/trackpad to click each note in the Piano roll? it's about the vibe and the feel.
You can have the best-sounding instrument in the world but if it doesn't inspire you to create, it's complete garbage.

Good UX is not about providing users with all the parameters to tweak, it's the other way around, making it as easy and intuitive to use but achieving the best possible versatility that satisfies the majority of the users needs.

Both Tranzistow and "Wooden knobs and rusted screws graphic" have their use case and user base.
Horses for courses. I personally take something that I can make a sound at 90% there in a few minutes over something that can be 100% but requires hours to experiment.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:42 am Lke I said , you can change the colours .
There are other synths with thousands of parameters that have functional GUI's.

I'm more concerned with sound quality than GUI... but that's assuming there actually is a GUI :hihi:

Oh, those envelopes on ops7 killing me. Will try Arturia.

zzz00m wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:51 pm Here's Waves Flow Motion. ..
Walkthrough by Richard Devine:
https://youtu.be/uQKgPqrUj4Y
damn, you really got me hooked on this one for real. i had to get it asap. and im playin around a good while now since^^.

Return to “Instruments”