Studio One 6

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

kevvvvv wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:44 am Is S1 v6 more stable than S1 v5.5?

I've had more total crashes this year with S1 than all previous years put together, mostly when I try to do too many clever things at once.

Crashing has led to maybe three tracks being abandoned this year because they won't even load.

I use i9-10940X CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.31 GHz 128gb ram plus SSDs.

Anyone think S1 v6 is more stable?
That's a beast computer. Studio One 5.5 was crashing a lot for you?

I haven't noticed anyone mentioning this, this might be handy Find Command:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8qSJolQ7hk

It's kind of weird that he blurred out half his menu at 1:15.
What's that about?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Bartone wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:28 pm I haven't noticed anyone mentioning this, this might be handy Find Command:
That's really handy. Dorico added a feature like this and I was hoping it would come to Cubase 12... But never did. One thing I love about REAPER is the '?' Action keyboard shortcut by default - so much easier than navigating around.

Was this added to Studio One 6, or was it there previously? Either way I'm binding this to my ? or / key as that seems most natural - don't care what's there already! :)

Thanks for the headsup on this.

jamcat wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:34 pm It's kind of weird that he blurred out half his menu at 1:15.
What's that about?
I noticed the same! :D

Bartone wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:28 pm I haven't noticed anyone mentioning this, this might be handy Find Command:
This is a useful feature to be sure.

What would make the Find Command popup menu even better is if it also displayed the currently assigned hot key shortcut for the currently selected command and then also provide the ability to (re)assign the hot key shortcut for the selected command right there and then.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

jamcat wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:34 pm It's kind of weird that he blurred out half his menu at 1:15.
What's that about?
I think the guy is working at Presonus and that might be some WIP stuff.

Anyone here using S1 V6 on Windows i9 12 Gen?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

This "Find command" is really neat.
But I think it can be improved by showing more than one match, the type of the match (macro/command/etc.) and the shortcut (if any). Probably it was added last minute and Presonus didn't had time to refine it.

I see this "command" pattern in a lot of software and also websites (https://cmdk.paco.me/) and I think it's beautiful :)

Another useful "side-effect" is that when you run a command the next time you open the keyboard shortcuts editor, the last executed command is selected by default.

It is crazy that Presonus still didn't release a full feature/change log.

Fornicras wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:42 am I think the guy is working at Presonus and that might be some WIP stuff.
I ran the video through an unblur filter and there's entries like "Die Bart, Die". Must mean something in German, I expect?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8qSJolQ7hk
This is great and insane that they do not mention it!
SO has lots of this kind of stuff that simply goes under the radar.

can someone enlighten me?
in logic pro you can use midi controlled effects,
which allows you to put a fx (filter for example) in a instrument channel.
you do i do that in studio one?
🇷🇺

andypryce wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:44 pm SO has lots of this kind of stuff that simply goes under the radar.
Another big one is being able to setup pages of control link parameters. That's something I adore about Studio One, as it allows you map an instrument to a MIDI controller and have a page for the filter controls, a page for oscillator 1, 2, LFO etc.

It's so hidden as you have to text edit the surface mapping file for your hardware. Why they don't just make this an option on the interface I'll never know. But hey... Just glad it exists! :)

Fornicras wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:25 am It is crazy that Presonus still didn't release a full feature/change log.
I know right?

I mean it really wouldn’t take very long, lol!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”