Split Mode with two MPE synths on Reaper

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi to everyone!

I'm new on this forum. I'm from Italy and i am a new proudly owner of a Linnstrument, from a week.
My question is, how can i use two different MPE synths in split mode on Reaper?

Thank you in advance,

Alessio

You'll have to filter the midi channels you don't want in reaper tracks. Pretty sure you can find filter midi filter jsfx, but don't remember actually the name at the moment...

You can filter midi channels in the I/O popup in Reaper. Set the first synth to channel 1 (should be default) and then synth #2 on midi channel 2. Set your split midi channel numbers in Linnstrument.
https://www.rogerlinndesign.com/support ... l-settings

Dirk Diggler wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:02 pm You can filter midi channels in the I/O popup in Reaper. Set the first synth to channel 1 (should be default) and then synth #2 on midi channel 2. Set your split midi channel numbers in Linnstrument.
https://www.rogerlinndesign.com/support ... l-settings
Usually you'll have channel 1 to 8 for the first linstrument split. Those you need to route to one track, and the other 9 to 16 midi channels of the second split to your second track.
Best way to do that if you want to play both split at the same time, is to filter the channels out. You can use midi performer 2 free jsfx to do that, set it up in the input fx chain so the midi recorded files will be filtered too.

I tried with MIDI Performer 2 but don't know how to use it.
I need to assign the left split to midi channels 1-8, the right to midi 9-16 but I don’t know if I should assign them to separate tracks or something.
Can someone please help me?

midi performer filter mpe.jpg
Set one track with midi performer with this preset, before your virtual instrument.

And on another track for the other the other linnstrument split, put another midi performance 2 instance but with channels 1 to 8 replaced with 9 to 16, (both red surrounded). Hope it's
Check if your track's inputs are set to all linnstrument midi channels.
And check if your linnstrument is splited with channels 1-8 and 9-16, witch is default if I remember correctly.

Good luck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IT WORKS!!!!!

Thank you very much!!!

Return to “Roger Linn Design”