KORG Collection 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kinda disappointed, doesnt korg have still some ROMpler and synths left from the past?
i need to re-check what i wanted :D for example the DW-8000?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

No upgrade path for those who own individual plugins but no collection?

What was the electribe popular for? I think it's 90s, right? What genres or popular songs used it back then?

Think I'll pass on this one.

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:22 am New:

MicroKORG
ELECTRIBE-R
KAOSS PAD

I'm on Legacy Collection. A very easy pass for me as the upgrade price is $199, and none of the new instruments are tempting.

[POST EDITED, I ORIGINALLY PUT I WAS ON V3 AND I'M NOT]
You'll be getting more than those three if coming from Legacy. You'd also get:

ARP Odyssey
miniKORG
Prophecy
Triton
Triton Extreme

Elysium.NZ wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:53 am .....
:) Either way, I agree with you. None of those additions are interesting enough for me to part with even $99. I was somehow foolishly hoping Wavestate or OpSix would be bundled but I guess that wouldn't make it a Legacy Collection. They are on special... hmmmm
Legacy is no longer part of the collections name though.

rsp
sound sculptist

So I found the upgrade from M1Le for 50 bucks less (249). As the M1Le is included with e.g. the nanoKontrol apparently, so does that mean that for only 10 bucks more then I can get both a nanoKontrol AND the Korg collection 4, right? As the nanoKontrol can be found for about 60 bucks here in Europe.

mudi1974 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:51 pm So I found the upgrade from M1Le for 50 bucks less (249). As the M1Le is included with e.g. the nanoKontrol apparently, so does that mean that for only 10 bucks more then I can get both a nanoKontrol AND the Korg collection 4, right? As the nanoKontrol can be found for about 60 bucks here in Europe.
Upgrade from M1LE to Korg Collection 4, for $50?
Your post is confusing me pre morning coffee… :)

simmo75 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:56 pm
mudi1974 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:51 pm So I found the upgrade from M1Le for 50 bucks less (249). As the M1Le is included with e.g. the nanoKontrol apparently, so does that mean that for only 10 bucks more then I can get both a nanoKontrol AND the Korg collection 4, right? As the nanoKontrol can be found for about 60 bucks here in Europe.
Upgrade from M1LE to Korg Collection 4, for $50?
Your post is confusing me pre morning coffee… :)
Think he's saying "was $299", and the upgrade from M1LE makes it $249. So...$50 less.

joeyluck wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:20 pm
noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:22 am New:

MicroKORG
ELECTRIBE-R
KAOSS PAD

I'm on Legacy Collection. A very easy pass for me as the upgrade price is $199, and none of the new instruments are tempting.

[POST EDITED, I ORIGINALLY PUT I WAS ON V3 AND I'M NOT]
You'll be getting more than those three if coming from Legacy. You'd also get:

ARP Odyssey
miniKORG
Prophecy
Triton
Triton Extreme
Yeah I know, but there's nothing I really want or need, what with Omnisphere, Most u-he synths, V Collection 8, Nexus 4, Avenger, NI's stuff and a ton of others. It would have to be half that price to make me buy something else I don't want or need.

Korg's stuff used to be dirt cheap - IIRC I updated from M1 LE (free with something) to Legacy for about $50. Compared to the offers now from Arturia, NI and IK, they fall way outside the impulse buy bracket, and I don't really desire any of them.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Yup- the 3 new 'things' a bit underwhelming- they weren't that great as hardware to be honest (they were at the cheaper end). More fun in hardware, not so much fun in software (the hardware UX Paradym doesn't make a lot of sense) and there is better stuff already out there that does similar thinks in my opinion- I have 99USD upgrade but it is still a pass from me...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

D-Fusion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:49 am Just Bought the MicroKorg :)

Bitwig sees it as a effect and not a Instrument so you have to load a instance of the MicroKorg and create a Instrument track and then copy the MicroKorg from the Audio track over to the Instrument track to get it to work.
My real-world MicroKorg has a vocoder, which I'm guessing this soft-version has as well. So may be it has more inputs than what Bitwig considers an instrument to have.

Would love to see Korg do faithful MOSS and Radias board emulations. That would get my money for sure.

MicroKORG?? Really?? Maybe if it can import MS2000 .syx like the real thing. Still tho I would have vastly preferred an actual MS2000 emu....or a half dozen other Korg synths for that matter.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

CinningBao wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:40 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:49 am Just Bought the MicroKorg :)

Bitwig sees it as a effect and not a Instrument so you have to load a instance of the MicroKorg and create a Instrument track and then copy the MicroKorg from the Audio track over to the Instrument track to get it to work.
My real-world MicroKorg has a vocoder, which I'm guessing this soft-version has as well. So may be it has more inputs than what Bitwig considers an instrument to have.
Yes it has a Vocoder mode built in so i guess that is why it gets confused or that it shows up as an effect because Audio Channels doesn't support instruments in Bitwig only effects.

It Shows up as a Instrument in Studio one.

Return to “Instruments”