Arturia V Collection 9 - Official Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Oh, thank you, that is when I used to compose/record (if you are talking about my link. If not, Doh!). My proggy labor of love! Now I am mostly playing a cover bands.

But, my experience with VSTs has helped me get up to speed with Gig Performer and live use of VSTs.

So, after about a 10-year hiatus I returned to k-v-r. :)

Jeff
To Hear Original Instrumental "Progtronic Rock" Music, go to:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rPidJwBYGmKZFUV4joAKN

I have owned V Collection 8, and Pigments. And SparkLE, which no one seems to care about. 😄 I was offered the normal sale price of $99 to upgrade to V Collection 9. Did that. Then noticed a crossgrade offer for FX Collection 3 for $49. I have never owned FX Collection but I grabbed that deal, nice bonus.

I skipped paying for individual upgrades for some of my older synths to newer versions, I assume my V Collection 9 got me those anyway. Does anyone know for sure? Those 4 upgrades at $49 each were a lot of $.

jgerry wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:52 pm I have owned V Collection 8, and Pigments. And SparkLE, which no one seems to care about. 😄 I was offered the normal sale price of $99 to upgrade to V Collection 9. Did that. Then noticed a crossgrade offer for FX Collection 3 for $49. I have never owned FX Collection but I grabbed that deal, nice bonus.

I skipped paying for individual upgrades for some of my older synths to newer versions, I assume my V Collection 9 got me those anyway. Does anyone know for sure? Those 4 upgrades at $49 each were a lot of $.
Everything I have read indicates that purchasing V9 gets you everything in V9 up to the latest versions. So, that's my understanding, for what it's worth.

I didn't like Pigments v1 and v2. I found them lacking in sound compared to Massive X, but Pigments v3 is different! They enhanced the sound it seems that I'm using it as much I use MX, Phase Plant and Icarus. It is definitely from the best now :)

I find myself not using Vintage emulations except CZ V and DX7 V. Even those not as much as Pigments. However, with VC9 I don't feel the need to buy any other analog emulations. I even find Mini V very usable (I don't care about authenticity). But to be honest, Pigments is more essential than the rest of Arturia synths for me.
The FX collection is very nice, but I'm not using it so much, but intend to use especially the compressors and Equalizers as I just depend on what's there in the DAW.

gExpectations wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:41 pm are people in agreement what the best/worst instruments in v collection 9 are? or are the opinions split? i have a crossgrade offer for 150€ right now and im tempted to get back in. i tried and sold v collection 6 but back then you had to install every synth seperately and i had some other issues. plus im interested in the augmented voices instrument. at 4.50 per instrument cant really go wrong but im not convinced how many of the synths i would use.
I would say that most of the collection is great, especially the newest models. But I think that there might be a couple of instruments that don't stand up well to their alternatives from the competition, such as the Mini V and the Wurli V.

But you can download a demo for any of them before buying, from the Arturia Software Center.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I couldn't pass up the opportunity so bought the collection for first time. Very pleased, some great stuff in there for an amazing price. The CZ V is awesome.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

There site seems a little funky at times. Sometimes (after logging in) I have seen a non-optimal price. Then I start looking around, thinking where is the $49.00 deal and it pops up. As if they can tell I know about the best pricing and I am looking around for it....

my first report on v collection: cs-80 is a beast and the jup-8 does jupitery stuff.

on the jupiter, why does the filter never sound closed when i turn it down, must be something creating overtones somewhere. ill look into the architecture soon, lets hope they have a diagram in the manual (*or some fixed or manual mod into filter freq).

oh and added bonus i reported a crash with emu II and 2 days later it was fixed. maybe it had been a known bug, it definitely a pleasant surprise.

Yep, I’ve been amazed by the quality and speed of Arturia support.

It’s the ongoing support and updating of the models that makes me value this collection. I like this long term commitment to gradual improvement. I hope Arturia doesn’t get distracted by the Augmented sample series. I have enough sample content now and I can get more from an endless list of vendors.

Fleer wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:53 pm Yep, I’ve been amazed by the quality and speed of Arturia support.
+ 1 :)

ive been digging deeper into the cs-80 and i think this thing is worth the price i paid for vcollection almost by itself. its so good!!

When I saw I could upgrade from V6 to V9 for $99, I couldn't resist. At 11 new instruments over what I had, it comes out to $9 each. Plus I understand CS80 V4 they really improved a lot over V3.

GX80, ABL 3 and now this makes it one heck of a Thanksgiving.

I got the notification that I could get the collection for $149 based on my previous purchases of Augmented Trio and Coldfire. I was on the fence because it was just over what I wanted to spend but I got lucky and got an unexpected tax refund from the state of MA so I went for it. I have been playing with it for the past couple of days and it is going to take a while to try everything out. Some observations (my opinions of course)

The Augmented Voices and Strings are great. I already owned them but wanted to mention this for anyone thinking about the package. I think these are the two best of the Augmented series so don't fret not having Augmented Piano.

The MS-20 V is just absolutely spot on. I was shocked at how good it was. Very good presets and synth extensions also. This synth will definitely get a lot of use.

The CS-80 V is really really good. I have played a newly serviced CS-80 and this is spot on. Once you start adding the obligatory revers, etc I would be hard pressed to be able to pick out a real CS-80 vs this emulation in practice. The only giveaway would be the polyphonic aftertouch on a real one but the filters and oscillators are really well done.

The Mini-V is not really that close to the real Minimoog. I have one as well as a Behringer D and the filter is definitely not there on this. It is really nice to be able to enable polyphonic mode though. The synth is very good but it isn't yet able to replace an actual minimoog if that is what you are looking for.

Still working through the others but I am very happy with the value so far.

Return to “Instruments”