[wild rock] "wild man" 🔥

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, "wild man" is someone who dares to break free, who
has the guts to do what we don't risk:

Direct link: http://enroe.bplaced.net/21_mn/23_songs ... ld_man.mp3

Website with animation: "wild man" Note: This requires clicking the grey "play"-button.

wild_man.jpg

We think we implemented the idea of the "Wild Man" in a
correspondingly "wild" way musically. Tell us whether we
succeeded - or what you think is still missing or should be
different.

Enjoy! :wink:

-----------------------------
Edit: Song slightly changed on 9th of december: Less pitch+formant processing on some vocals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by enroe on Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Wild Man is implemented wildly good!
I am loving the vocals and the melody.
Appreciate all the effort os every wild man, this is called initiative and venture.
Love the electric guitar solo, just lovely!

first thing i recognized:
good sounding mix - with good panning etc. (there are only some minor clashes with the bass - at one small point)
on what monitors do you mix/master? how is your process?

(tbh my english is so bad, that i don't listen too much on the text - but i think it is good :hihi:)
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

enroe,
The opening guitar riff makes more sense to me when the other instruments kick in. Sounds like the vocals are going through some pretty intense Auto-Tune (or equivalent); I assume the effect was intentional; in some ways I like the effect, though a bit jarring. Though I wonder if it would sound better if the pitch correction was more transparent (I use Melodyne myself). I probably mentioned earlier, your vocals remind me of the Bowling For Soup singer (a compliment). All of the keyboards sound very good. Overall I think it is well done, a good song. :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Great composition. Listened multiple times. Love the guitar solo. The bass sound is also really nice.

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with pitch correction. I use it quite a bit on vocals. But unless the intent is the "pitch-corrected" sound, it can be useful to explore techniques that make mask it. One technique you might experiment with is mixing the pitch-corrected vocal with the raw vocal to reduce the synthetic sound a bit.

The accompanying video is very entertaining, especially the wild man animation.

Cool track with a great raw feel. Yes it sounds wild! The guitar tone especially suits the theme. Nice solo too.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

For some reason I have to right-click the mp3 to listen to it. Pressing the play button never does anything for me - perhaps its this browser (Chrome).
I like the different FX on the vocals. Liked also the dropout with just the vocals and piano, and sliding bass guitar. Its good you have the confidence to have mimimalist moments in the song.
Overall - great job.

Rene Asologuitar wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:19 pm Wild Man is implemented wildly good!
I am loving the vocals and the melody.
Appreciate all the effort os every wild man, this is called initiative and venture.
Love the electric guitar solo, just lovely!
Yeah, "wild man" is also someone who dares to free himself.
Thank you Rene!

Bansaw wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:14 pm For some reason I have to right-click the mp3 to listen to it. Pressing the play button never does anything for me - perhaps its this browser (Chrome).
I see the same thing here with Chrome, but also on mp3 links from many (not all) KVR artists. I use right-click->Open link in new tab to listen, although I play enroe's songs from his animated website.

I really loved this. What more is there to say. Wow

:tu: :tu:

Damn great rock song. Good arrangement and strong mood.
Dynamic and distinctive mixing and mastering sounds great.

tomtom1 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:27 pm first thing i recognized:
good sounding mix - with good panning etc. (there are only some minor clashes with the bass - at one small point)
on what monitors do you mix/master? how is your process?

(tbh my english is so bad, that i don't listen too much on the text - but i think it is good :hihi:)
Haha, our monitoring runs on these 3 levels:

1. Mini-Philips PC-Speaker (main monitor!)
2. Summit-Hifi-Speaker (4-way High Fidelity)
3. Headphone HD650

And then there are short tests on all possible parts. Not all sound
problems can be solved even then, you would have to invest
an almost endless amount of time. Or even more experience.

Thank you for listening and for your words! :wink:
And yes: the text is also important. 8)

The very apparent autotune detracted from the verses. Once the wildman was loose during the chorus it all sounded really good. Keep the riffs coming.

Great song, with a very good riff, and I enjoyed the bass playing. The organ was a good fit within the arrangement, and I didn't mind the autotune, as it wasn't the usual clichéd sound heard on hundreds (thousands?) of songs on the radio during the last 20 years.

Good work :)

aaron aardvark wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:27 am Sounds like the vocals are going through some pretty intense Auto-Tune (or equivalent); I assume the effect was intentional; in some ways I like the effect, though a bit jarring. Though I wonder if it would sound better if the pitch correction was more transparent (I use Melodyne myself).
Well, interesting: I didn't think you could hear it so obviously: In the chorus,
the formants are lowered by two semitones - just so that the timbre gets
a little darker. I notice that not everyone likes that, not you for example.
We will discuss that in the future. :neutral:
aaron aardvark wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:27 am I probably mentioned earlier, your vocals remind me of the Bowling For Soup singer (a compliment). All of the keyboards sound very good. Overall I think it is well done, a good song. :)
Thanks for your compliments and your feedback Aaron! :)

Return to “Music Cafe”