HoRNet Plugins releases Harmonics Pro - Advanced Exciter and Saturator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Most definitely deserves a warm & cosy space in here. Nice to see this HoRNet Classic updated.

HoRNet Plugins has announced the immediate availability of Harmonics Pro, a plugin that allows you to control up to 10 different harmonics and a clipper with pre-emphasis and de-emphasis filters and the optional hysteresis behavior.

Features:

Up to 10 different harmonics can be added to original signal.
Master control for harmonics level.
Soft clipper.
Pre emphasis and de emphasis eq with up to 4 different filters.
Hysteresis simulation (transformer, tube and magnetic tape behavior).
Input and output level can be linked to keep level constant.
Separate dry and wet controls.
Intelligent oversampling that allows the plugin to always work internally at 192kHz.
Vector user interface which is sharp on every resolution.
Freely resizable user interface.
Apple Silicon M1 support.
MacOS (10.11 and later) and Windows (Vista and later) support.
64-bit on Mac and Windows.
Audio Units, VST, VST3 and AAX format.

HoRNet Harmonics Pro is available for 10,99€ and for owners of the free Harmonics plugin, it's 5,49€.

Owners of the complete bundle can have the plugin with 40% discount.
https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/h ... monics-pro
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

sometime it will have big discount up to 75%, so may wait for more days to buy.

thankblue wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:33 am sometime it will have big discount up to 75%, so may wait for more days to buy.
:tu:

I like it. Pre-emphasis/de-emphasis is very useful.
More BPM please

Damn i bought it a few hours too soon. I could have saved myself 2 euros as it's on sale now for 8 euros :lol:
More BPM please

That is half a beer for the developer! He is in party mode now… I hope he doesn‘t get too drunk to keep on inventing…

Thank you for the drinks then, we are celebrating :hihi:

So this is where our 'hard earned' money goes, Saverio? :hihi:

El°HYM wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:51 am So this is where our 'hard earned' money goes, Saverio? :hihi:
Yes, definitely :lol:

That pic is actually best marketing Hornet ever did! :D

kPere wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:14 am That pic is actually best marketing Hornet ever did! :D
ahahahah thread officially out of topic :D

Yes, off topic. Beautiful girls you got there. Congrats.

Ive seen a lot of saturation vst but I'm not sure when or where you would use the harmonic exciter part?

HoRNet wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:15 pm
kPere wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:14 am That pic is actually best marketing Hornet ever did! :D
To bring it back, can I ask if it's possible to emulate various saturators if setting this one up the right way?

kPere wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:26 pm
HoRNet wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:15 pm
To bring it back, can I ask if it's possible to emulate various saturators if setting this one up the right way?
Hi, well I don't think you can because you have two different kind of processors here:

1. the clipper is a real saturato and provides a real ceiling to the audio so if you increase the input gain you get more distortion, like in a classic distortion/saturation unit or analog gear.

2. the exciter adds harmonics, but adds them anyway, it doesn't matter if your signal is low or high in level, it always adds the same amount of harmonics so combining both together you can have interesting results but it's hard to say if you can emulate other kind of saturations

To make it easier, if you use the "tape" preset for example you get a distortion that in concept is similar to that of a tape, but the transfer curve of the tape saturation is not the same of the clipper used here so you are not getting the same level of harmonics you get with a dedicated plugin like "HoRNet Tape"

Saverio

Return to “Effects”