Which LiquidSonics Reverb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Recently I demoed LiquidSonics’ Cinematic Rooms plugin, and I was very impressed with the sound quality and open character of the reverb. Now they’re doing a sale, but of course I’m sort of stuck out of my studio for a while due to holiday family stuff. Considering I’m also going to get the Big Sky plugin for special effect reverb, and I already have B2 (my go-to general use reverb), which plugin from LiquidSonics seems to make the most sense?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I have all LS products and have been using them for years (or since they came out). Based on what you have (OP) here is my suggestion in order:

Seventh Heaven Pro - just a wide range of high quality reverbs and lots of control over them. This is my go-to LS reverb.

Cinematic Rooms Pro - my 2nd go-to. You've heard it, you know. However, somewhat limited as it'd designed to do specific things.

Illusion - used the LS Fusion IR tech, wide range of reverbs

Reverberate 3 - this is the LS I started with. Classic. Also a wide range of use and tweekability.

The others are more niche. Not totally niche, just more niche. I was mostly recommending based on having a wide range of reverbs and control in the above list.

I bought Seventh Heaven normal and Tai Chi lite.

Seventh Heaven is great at early reflections and small ambiences, which is something not many verbs excel in. Mix in just a little and it doesn't even sound like reverb, more like an expensize 3D-izer or something.

Tai Chi still has that modern sheen but it can get a bit more effecty with strong modulation. I like running it in mono.

For 80 dollars combined, that's a steal.

plexuss wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:45 pm I have all LS products and have been using them for years (or since they came out). Based on what you have (OP) here is my suggestion in order:

Seventh Heaven Pro - just a wide range of high quality reverbs and lots of control over them. This is my go-to LS reverb.

Cinematic Rooms Pro - my 2nd go-to. You've heard it, you know. However, somewhat limited as it'd designed to do specific things.

Illusion - used the LS Fusion IR tech, wide range of reverbs

Reverberate 3 - this is the LS I started with. Classic. Also a wide range of use and tweekability.

The others are more niche. Not totally niche, just more niche. I was mostly recommending based on having a wide range of reverbs and control in the above list.
I’m not doing any surround work, so do you think the Pro versions are worth getting? For instance, I’m thinking maybe getting the basic versions of Seventh Heaven and Cinematic Rooms instead of just one of the pro versions.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Some of them (csr, tai chi and I believe hd cart are algorithmic), the others i think use fusion ir/samples etc if that makes a difference to you.
I have csr pro and tai chi. They are my favourite, go to reverbs.

rsp
sound sculptist

NVM
Last edited by bob swans on Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:01 pm I’m not doing any surround work, so do you think the Pro versions are worth getting? For instance, I’m thinking maybe getting the basic versions of Seventh Heaven and Cinematic Rooms instead of just one of the pro versions.
I don't do surround work either but I appreciate the added feature/parameters of the Pro versions. I think it comes down to cost/budget decisions.

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:13 pm .....which plugin from LiquidSonics seems to make the most sense?
but you don´t specifie your usecase- / wish- szenario.

my sum up, having CRP just since yesterday. I´d take this first !
but it has initself a Weight towards: "Rooms" and towards: "beeing clear sounding", i´d say.
do these two terms fit vs. you ? ( yes, it can make long and very long too. but is then again less coloured, clearer sounding from what i´m grasping)

So, my overall view in short:
CRP is vs. clear and natural sounding
Taichi is advertised vs. beeing coloured ( i like it )
7th sits inbetween vs. the colour aspect i´d say

i can make in fact all of the three sound "Good" as a very short Reverb, or as a very long Reverb.
personally, not beeing into productions, just realtime-play patches, i could live with any one of the three and would be happy as f.ck (with no other Reverb in the bin)

any of these three Reverbs feels just like gold !
for me personally, i repeat: even within the full range from short/Ambience to looong. Really. But thats maybe just me, beeing unpicky in some regards.
its plain awesomeness ! any of the three. IMHO and YMMV :lol:

all three have for my taste a wonderful behave when dialing in from short to long.
The IR based ones have artefacts if jamming with the time/decay parameter.

edit: / enthusiasm
Last edited by Funky40 on Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is there a lot of difference between using 7th Heaven or Reverberate 3 + the Samplicity Bricasti impulses?
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

standalone wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:50 pmIs there a lot of difference between using 7th Heaven or Reverberate 3 + the Samplicity Bricasti impulses?
Not in the sound.
7H was made for peeps who don't want to tweak R3 to get excellent results.
See here:
viewtopic.php?p=6764190&hilit=reverberate#p6764190
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Thanks!
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Imo R3 is hard to tweak and make it sound good and "marry" or get one with an audio signal, so it's difficult to apply it nicely in a mix. It can rather disturb than enhance

I just got Cinematic Rooms I will be doing music and sound for an animated series I'm working on I will get BigSky but waiting to see if it goes on Cyber Monday sale I don't think it will.

If you put u-he Colour Copy before a hall in Cinematic Rooms you will get a massive synth pad sound.

CRP rules them all (especially for early reflections).

If you’re getting Big Sky you can wait on TaiChi, else I’d say that next. Or HD Cart if you want something even more Lexicon.

Seventh Heaven Pro and/or Lustrous Plates follow, depending on needs.

The Pro versions are substantially better, as they should be for the price - even for stereo work.

Michael L wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:58 pm
standalone wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:50 pmIs there a lot of difference between using 7th Heaven or Reverberate 3 + the Samplicity Bricasti impulses?
Not in the sound.
Well, according to the developer there is.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”