Tempting BF 2022

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Scotty wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:38 am Did the V Collection 9 upgrade for 99 USD and picked ADPTR SCULPT for $24.99. USD . I have enjoyed a few freebies as well. BF is a time when I splurge a bit on software. I’m close to pulling the trigger on a Bitwig update. If I can buy it and sit on it for a few months before activation that would make it worthwhile.
Don't forget to tick the 'gift' button on bitwig's formulary ir it will be applied immediately...

plexuss wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:20 am ok mr. grumpypants. i on the other hand spent a ton.
If that was directed at me,that's OK,but I'm far from being grumpy...

I have more than enough tools to make music already, so there's no real urge to just go out and buy even more stuff just because it's cheap 🌞

I prefer buying cheap bits and pieces on the stock market 🥳
No auto tune...

I made my first evef BF purchase and finally got the Nano Pack set of Reaktor Blocks modules from Toybox. I've been exploring their free blocks and the quality and thoughtful design is very impressive.

I hope this purchase would encourage me to open up the PC more often instead of just grabbing the guitar 🙂

digitalboytn wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:14 am
plexuss wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:20 am ok mr. grumpypants. i on the other hand spent a ton.
If that was directed at me,that's OK,but I'm far from being grumpy...

I have more than enough tools to make music already, so there's no real urge to just go out and buy even more stuff just because it's cheap 🌞

I prefer buying cheap bits and pieces on the stock market 🥳
But you're upsetting people with GAS who also have more than enough tools to make music but they still buying more and more ;)

I was tempted a few times this BF but every time I looked at what I already have, what I use, and more importantly what I dont use from hundreds of plugins on the list, and temptation was gone. Almost got Pro-Q3 but TB Equalizer4 covers 90% of UX and has more filter shapes. Over €100 for those missing 10%? Nah.

every time i am tempted to buy a new EQ plugin, i compare it to Toneboosters EQ4 and end up not buying it. The latest was Kush Electra DSP. I was convinced by it, and minutes away from pulling the pin... I'm still tempted due to it being very low CPU on my machine and my go-to EQ PSP27 seems to use heaps more, and also stepped which can be a pain in the ass.

I need a low CPU character EQ...
or do I ?????

digitalboytn wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:48 am With sales happening all of the time now, Black Friday/Cyber Monday doesn't have the same impact anymore...

The market is saturated and peeps are overwhelmed by the constant onslaught...

So unless something really special that turns up, I'll just wait and pick up things I want at one of the other weekly sales throughout the year 🌞
I got Klevgrand REAMP for €16. You simply won’t get that price any other time of year.

But, for those who often feel tempted to buy stuff they end up not using or regret buying just because the price was too good to pass:

Always make a plan for these days. Prepare a list of things you have demo’d over the year extensively and are adement about getting and using. But just wait for the right price to come along. Then on these days; just look foor your list items and ignore all the noise.
Last edited by LFO8 on Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

All I know is that I work for my money, I'll be dammed if I'm not gonna spend it on stuff that I want. wtf else am I going to do with it? I can't eat it...

I have to agree that TB EQ4 is a very useful plugin 👍
No auto tune...

Celemony has 50% off Melodyne upgrades for the rest of the year.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Pretty tempted by Dawesome's Novum for $76 and I probably will end up getting it. As cool as it is, there are some things I don't really like about it, which is why I'm still only tempted.

.jon wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:22 am I made my first evef BF purchase and finally got the Nano Pack set of Reaktor Blocks modules from Toybox. I've been exploring their free blocks and the quality and thoughtful design is very impressive.

I hope this purchase would encourage me to open up the PC more often instead of just grabbing the guitar 🙂
Picked up the Tangle & Sampling packs after having my eye on them for ages. Loved them so much I bought the Designer & Nano packs too. Most fun I've had making music in a long time

Picked up the Tangle - Pack, as I already had the Synth picked up in the Sale before that. So thats it about being 'Tempted'... :lol:

Highly recommended from my Side! Top Notch Company & Developer.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

ElVincente wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:54 am
Scotty wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:38 am Did the V Collection 9 upgrade for 99 USD and picked ADPTR SCULPT for $24.99. USD . I have enjoyed a few freebies as well. BF is a time when I splurge a bit on software. I’m close to pulling the trigger on a Bitwig update. If I can buy it and sit on it for a few months before activation that would make it worthwhile.
Don't forget to tick the 'gift' button on bitwig's formulary ir it will be applied immediately...
Ok that is good to know , thanks.

I saw a nice sale on a some blue socks.

PatchAdamz wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:01 pm I saw a nice sale on a some blue socks.
Did you demo them first? Are they resizable?

Return to “Effects”