Why do so many people say REAPER is bad at MIDI editing?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FapFilter wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:16 am Fabfilter should be emberassed and rather hire sQeetz instead
indeed they should
Last edited by sQeetz on Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Reaper is like Linux. Ominpresent in forums, but, if you want to find users in the real world, you have to search for them. ;)

Reason why forums are such a shitty place to make out trends as well. The people frequenting them is simply a group which isn't really representative for anything.

Anywhere, where were we? Oh, right, why do so many people say Reaper is bad at MIDI editing. Somehow looking for the ever growing legion of Reaper studios diverted my attention.

how many professionals are using Bitwig?
vast majority?
if not, must be a shit thing then

what about Digital Performer, or Sequoia?
those might not be omnipresently memtioned everywhere either, yet totally viable professional options - and depending on your trade & use case, maybe even more professionally viable than some of the most popular DAWs, despite DJ Thingie & friends not promoting these on every YT channel
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

chk071 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:23 am Somehow looking for the ever growing legion of Reaper studios diverted my attention.
You have to leave your armchair to find them :P
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

How do I know if my DAW is not serious, but just depressed? Who do I call?
Last edited by syntonica on Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Ghostbusters!

sQeetz wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:18 am
FapFilter wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:16 am Fabfilter should be emberassed and rather hire sQeetz instead
indeed they should
Show us your music to see how “serious” you are.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:34 pm
indeed they should
Don´t feed the trolls!

indeed they should
I was able to watch that thing called a joke flying over your (and Trancit's) head from right over here :party:

sQeetz wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:38 am
indeed they should
I was able to watch that thing called a joke flying over your (and Trancit's) head from right over here :party:
Nah, you're just afraid to show us your crap music :lol:

Danilo Villanova wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:18 am Nah, you're just afraid to show us your crap music :lol:

And I'm supposed to be the troll? funny

sQeetz wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:23 am
Danilo Villanova wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:18 am Nah, you're just afraid to show us your crap music :lol:
It is
I know, no talented person talks about using a 'serious' DAW lol

We could go on about how "insulting" your DAW of choice may impact your life, but I'll stop right here.
I'm not interested in going on. It bores me

sQeetz wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:42 am We could go on about how "insulting" your DAW of choice may impact your life, but I'll stop right here.
I'm not interested in going on. It bores me
Classic troll, stirs the shit then tries to take the high ground. F***ing pathetic.

GaryG wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:06 am
Classic troll, stirs the shit then tries to take the high ground. F***ing pathetic.
OK. ON TOPIC. Why is REAPER bad at MIDI editing.
some say so, some say another. And I am the one trolling? seriously?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”