Added SFZ support: Apricot — Free Hybrid Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Apricot

DRMR wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:39 pm Too bad that "modern glibc" means it doesn't run on Debian 11 (stable).
What version of gibc does Debian 11 use? I am building the binaries to link with glibc 2.22, which was released in 2015.

2.31 in Debian 11. But ldd says Apricot has been linked with GLIBC_2.33.
iswr

Vee Nee wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:23 pm 2.31 in Debian 11. But ldd says Apricot has been linked with GLIBC_2.33.
Thanks for reporting this issue. I've uploaded a new version, v0.7.9, which implements a workaround.

Thanks, works fine now. Very capable synth with awesome GUI! Would be cool to link Fluctus with the same gblibc (currently linked with 2.33) also!
iswr

Thnx nakst! Very much works!

Btw it would be nice if you could implement asynchronous file dialogs, right now it completely blocks the render when you search for file paths.

Vee Nee wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:31 am Thanks, works fine now. Very capable synth with awesome GUI! Would be cool to link Fluctus with the same gblibc (currently linked with 2.33) also!
Thank you for the kind words. I am glad to hear that the workaround has resolved the issue. I have also now updated Fluctus to version v1.0.14 with the same fix.

DRMR wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:23 am Thnx nakst! Very much works!
:)
DRMR wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:23 am Btw it would be nice if you could implement asynchronous file dialogs, right now it completely blocks the render when you search for file paths.
Yes, this is on my TODO list. But it is currently a low-priority feature.

great synthesizer :) any chance you'll add ring modulation and/or osc sync in the future?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I tried the Mac Clap versions, they both fail at scan on an Intel and a M2 Mac:
com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Could not load executable...
Same with Fluctus...

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:25 pm great synthesizer :) any chance you'll add ring modulation and/or osc sync in the future?
Hmm.. not sure. I have had a lot of features requests, and of course it is difficult for me to dedicate time to working on free plugins. But it might happen sometime in the future, I cannot say.

By the way, the factory ROM already includes the samples "Synced Pulse" and "Synced Saw" in the "Synth" category, which might serve well enough for your purposes.

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:49 pm I tried the Mac Clap versions, they both fail at scan on an Intel and a M2 Mac:
com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Could not load executable...
Same with Fluctus...
Thanks for the report. What version of macOS are you running, and what version of Bitwig? And can you double check that you ran the terminal commands detailed in "Installation Guide.txt"?

I am hoping the Bitwig team will improve their error messages for loading CLAP plugins in the near future. I know at least one other developer was having trouble on macOS.

nakst wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:19 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:25 pm great synthesizer :) any chance you'll add ring modulation and/or osc sync in the future?
Hmm.. not sure. I have had a lot of features requests, and of course it is difficult for me to dedicate time to working on free plugins. But it might happen sometime in the future, I cannot say.

By the way, the factory ROM already includes the samples "Synced Pulse" and "Synced Saw" in the "Synth" category, which might serve well enough for your purposes.
ok thanks i'll use the synced pulse and saw instead :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

nakst wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:23 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:49 pm I tried the Mac Clap versions, they both fail at scan on an Intel and a M2 Mac:
Same with Fluctus...
Thanks for the report. What version of macOS are you running, and what version of Bitwig? And can you double check that you ran the terminal commands detailed in "Installation Guide.txt"?

I am hoping the Bitwig team will improve their error messages for loading CLAP plugins in the near future. I know at least one other developer was having trouble on macOS.
On the Mac Pro I am running Mojave, on the Macbook Pro M2 its Monterey. In both cases the last version of Bitwig 4.4.3...
I'll try to load it into Reaper, need to get the last RC first though...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:26 pm On the Mac Pro I am running Mojave, on the Macbook Pro M2 its Monterey. In both cases the last version of Bitwig 4.4.3...
I have uploaded a new version of Apricot, v0.7.10, which adjusts OS version compatibility. Could you check to see if this has made a difference for you?

nakst wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:18 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:26 pm On the Mac Pro I am running Mojave, on the Macbook Pro M2 its Monterey. In both cases the last version of Bitwig 4.4.3...
I have uploaded a new version of Apricot, v0.7.10, which adjusts OS version compatibility. Could you check to see if this has made a difference for you?
Tried the new versions for Apricot and Fluctus, and they work both fine now. Thanks for making these…

Return to “Instruments”