Parawave Rapid Discussion Thread II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RAPID Synthesizer

The resynthesis is honestly one of its best features. It will turn a crappy voice recording into something good :).

Just give it a demo and test. It’s similar to Dune with a more modern GUI.

CrystalWizard wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:49 am ???
https://youtu.be/l-3atLSbUlM

pierb wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:15 am
CrystalWizard wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:49 am ???
https://youtu.be/l-3atLSbUlM
Thanks, to be more clear i was also wondering how the resynthesis compares between Rapid and Alchemy (v1 in particular, but either version).
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

I have the same problem like avenger with vst3.
It is very slow to switch presets, if you have in Ableton controllers like push2, apc40 or touchable.
The vst2 preset change is very fast.
On push2 I get on controller device knob1 a lot of different parameters on the display, that change on every preset change.

Just purchased Rapid! Yay! Forced to use PayPal... BOO!!!

This thing is a powerhouse and the fx do seem great enough to actually use the FX plugin. I have several, but none that I ever cared for.

On a side note, this seems like the perfect replacement for CrX4, which I've been pining for since 32-bit went away. It seem just as fun to tinker in and it has that special sound. I can mangle waves, samples, grains--everything CrX4 did, and more.

This will likely be my last music-making purchase (except for maybe VVV, I still need to play with all the different reverb models in Rapid.) I've dumped all my cruft and whittled the collection down to the AAS suite and Rapid, plus a couple of freebies, like TDR. All my hardware, it's going to be either use it or sell it. I still have too much damn hardware!
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

How are the expansions? This thread has me considering the whole bundle

syntonica wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:52 am Just purchased Rapid! Yay! Forced to use PayPal... BOO!!!

This thing is a powerhouse and the fx do seem great enough to actually use the FX plugin. I have several, but none that I ever cared for.

On a side note, this seems like the perfect replacement for CrX4, which I've been pining for since 32-bit went away. It seem just as fun to tinker in and it has that special sound. I can mangle waves, samples, grains--everything CrX4 did, and more.

This will likely be my last music-making purchase (except for maybe VVV, I still need to play with all the different reverb models in Rapid.) I've dumped all my cruft and whittled the collection down to the AAS suite and Rapid, plus a couple of freebies, like TDR. All my hardware, it's going to be either use it or sell it. I still have too much damn hardware!
Yay! Another CrX4 fan. I arrived late to that party, but I now use it in C12 with jBridge. Old or not, it still finds a way, along with recently discovered HG Fortune plugins, into my psybient/psychill/ambient/chillgressive productions.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Rapid sounds VERY good. I bought it. It's sound has depth and substance that I miss in several other synths.
Rediculously low on CPU.
Bought 4 extensions: Cinematic, Electronic, House and Trance. Great stuff.
Clever interface with these +/- macro knobs.
Very usable and good sounding presets. The best I can describe them is as inspiring. Synths often have presets that are somewhat good but sometimes I don't know what I would do with them musically. Like I would have to find or make a place for them where they would fit.
With most of the Rapid presets that I checked so far it's the other way round. They inspire me to do things with them.
The quality of the presets and the character of the synth have their fair share in this.
Overall: 9.8 out of 10
For certain sounds it's the best synth I know and own right now.

Boy Wonder wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:51 am
syntonica wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:52 am Just purchased Rapid! Yay! Forced to use PayPal... BOO!!!

Yay! Another CrX4 fan. I arrived late to that party, but I now use it in C12 with jBridge. Old or not, it still finds a way, along with recently discovered HG Fortune plugins, into my psybient/psychill/ambient/chillgressive productions.
I'd made like a page of original patches for CrX4, not just tweaks. The vast majority of synthesizers just don't inspire me that way. Plus, it has a special sound to me. Considering I cut my programming teeth on a DX21, you'd think soft synths would be coasting downhill on bike drinking lemonade.

I think I'll get on with Rapid in the same way, as soon as I get a bunch of programming tasks (Java & C++) out of the way, I'll be sble to focus.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention. This chows down on GPU like it's a Chinese buffet. When the GUI is open, about 50% of my GPU (M1 MBA) is used. So, if you're going to live in it at length, be sure to use your gaming GPU.

whassup wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:52 am Rapid sounds VERY good. I bought it. It's sound has depth and substance that I miss in several other synths.
Rediculously low on CPU.
Bought 4 extensions: Cinematic, Electronic, House and Trance. Great stuff.
Clever interface with these +/- macro knobs.
Very usable and good sounding presets. The best I can describe them is as inspiring. Synths often have presets that are somewhat good but sometimes I don't know what I would do with them musically. Like I would have to find or make a place for them where they would fit.
With most of the Rapid presets that I checked so far it's the other way round. They inspire me to do things with them.
The quality of the presets and the character of the synth have their fair share in this.
Overall: 9.8 out of 10
For certain sounds it's the best synth I know and own right now.
Congrats! The cinematic looks and sounds good, but there are a couple of annoying omissions. It has bassoon and contrabassoon, but no oboe/English horn? lol wut? Considering a higher double reed could cover that, as well as ney/shawm/crumhorn etc. It also needs some pizzicato. Just fewer damn flutes... :dog:

MattLeschuck wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:54 am The resynthesis is honestly one of its best features. It will turn a crappy voice recording into something good :).

Just give it a demo and test. It’s similar to Dune with a more modern GUI.
Honestly I love Rapid but have never really found this feature to do anything other than make everything kinda sound the same regardless of input, anyone got any tips?

syntonica wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:59 am Oh, one thing I forgot to mention. This chows down on GPU like it's a Chinese buffet. When the GUI is open, about 50% of my GPU (M1 MBA) is used. So, if you're going to live in it at length, be sure to use your gaming GPU.
I haven't noticed the GPU hit with CrX4 in C12, but I'll have a looksee. My laptop has a 1GB GPU, but it can steal RAM from my system if necessary.

Update: I just came back from my CrX4 test. It registered 1% GPU utilization according to Task Manager. Must be the way the Ryzen chipset works, I guess.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Boy Wonder wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:48 am
syntonica wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:59 am Oh, one thing I forgot to mention. This chows down on GPU like it's a Chinese buffet. When the GUI is open, about 50% of my GPU (M1 MBA) is used. So, if you're going to live in it at length, be sure to use your gaming GPU.
I haven't noticed the GPU hit with CrX4 in C12, but I'll have a looksee. My laptop has a 1GB GPU, but it can steal RAM from my system if necessary.

Update: I just came back from my CrX4 test. It registered 1% GPU utilization according to Task Manager. Must be the way the Ryzen chipset works, I guess.
Sorry, I should have said Rapid. I sincerely doubt CrX4 even knows what a GOU is. :lol:

there is no undo button in rapid right? or am i blind. well theres a feature it reall should have, imho.

Return to “Instruments”