Announcing Entonal Studio – a Microtonal Tuner for VST/AU/Standalone

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi, Adam from Node Audio here. I’m excited to announce version 1 of our microtonal tuning plugin Entonal Studio is available now.

Entonal Studio makes it simple and intuitive to make microtonal music in your DAW and beyond. Go beyond 12-tone Equal Temperament with the radial graph, and make your tunings simple to play and sequence thanks to flexible keyboard mapping options. There are also a plethora of tunings ready to go in the browser.

Host plugins within Entonal Studio to make your favourite instruments microtonal, or output MIDI pitchbend or MPE messages to route within your DAW or to external hardware. It can also act as an MTS-ESP master plugin to control the tuning of supporting instrument plugins.

Entonal Studio is available now for the introductory price of £59. A 28 day demo is also available. The price will increase to MSRP £79 on 16th August. Entonal Studio runs on Mac, Windows and Linux.

Find out more at entonal.studio (https://entonal.studio/)

Watch the video:

Full Feature List
  • Host any AU/VST2/VST3 instrument
  • Radial Graph gives angular control over pitch
  • Easy to use with any level of tuning know-how
  • Enter note values in cents, ratios, EDO degrees or as mathematical expressions
  • Custom mapping of notes to a MIDI controller or piano roll
  • Snap to ratios or EDO degrees
  • Display relative note intervals
  • View MIDI keyboard, white-notes keyboard, MPE keyboard
  • View tuning information as table between -2nd and 8th octave
  • Built-in simple synthesizer
  • Group plugin instances to link tunings between tracks in a project
  • Create scales of up to 192 notes
  • Generate equal temperaments
  • Piano roll can adopt note values as note names (Bitwig Studio, FL Studio, Studio One)
  • Import/Export Scala files and Tuning XML
  • Flexible layout and custom plugin sizes
  • Runs as: AU, VST2, VST3 plugin; Standalone app
  • Hosts: AU, VST2, VST3 instruments

Is there a contact/support email? Can't find any on the main site. Would love to email you an inquiry.

@Adam
Quite interesting.
Is it running natively (without relying on Rosetta) on M1 Mac machine?

yes it's native

however webpage is down and i can't initiate a demo :/

looks perfect tho, i was looking for an MTS Master and Infinitone isnt native, and oddsound big one is too complicated for simple on the fly tuning.

Great stuff…congratulations.

(Have to say the launch video is not what I expected…the drum loop obliterates the microtonal sounds.)

Is this using MTS? I thought plugins needed to be hosted by this to be micro tuned?

Would be great if this could record midi and automation for hosted plugins itself, there isn’t really a good microtonality capable DAW, in almost all cases it is something bolted on

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:00 am Is this using MTS? I thought plugins needed to be hosted by this to be micro tuned?

Would be great if this could record midi and automation for hosted plugins itself, there isn’t really a good microtonality capable DAW, in almost all cases it is something bolted on
it also supports MTS-ESP. hosting is now optional. it evolved quite well.
Last edited by WasteLand on Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It can host Plugins, does MTS-ESP and also Midi - Effects.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:00 am there isn’t really a good microtonality capable DAW, in almost all cases it is something bolted on
What is bolted on Bitwig?

Tj Shredder wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:34 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:00 am there isn’t really a good microtonality capable DAW, in almost all cases it is something bolted on
What is bolted on Bitwig?
It is gradually getting more microtonal features such as the micropitch device introduced in 3.1 which is a great step forwards, but I would love to see a DAW designed from the ground up with microtonality built in, this should include a microtonal piano roll as discussed here (in relation to Reaper):

https://en.xen.wiki/w/DAWs

and support for keyboard mapping (which is built into very few microtone capable plugins - Pianoteq being one)

For microtonality to work well it needs to be an integrated system, not just available through a few add-on devices (which is what I mean by 'bolted on' - however welcome such devices are only part of such a system and may not even be necessary if the DAW itself handled microtonality at all levels).

Maybe something like MTS-ESP should be integrated into a DAW rather than available as a plugin? I was wondering if Entonal had the potential to be a microtonal DAW.

Entonal Studio is now on sale.
49 pound.

it has evolved quite well, and more features will be added.

i bought it, next to infinitone DMT, also great.

why both? not important.

but Entonal Studio at this moment i can certainly recommend. MTS-ESP it has, but can also work without it and has grouping.

Ok bought it - great that it supports AU3

However it doesn't seem to be Apple Silicon Native which I wish I'd known before - oh well hopefully soon

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:46 am Ok bought it - great that it supports AU3

However it doesn't seem to be Apple Silicon Native which I wish I'd known before - oh well hopefully soon
the developer, or main developer is quite responsive.. so...

It's OK I was wrong - it is native - just the list on here needs updating - https://asaudio.tech/developers/

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:15 pm It's OK I was wrong - it is native - just the list on here needs updating - https://asaudio.tech/developers/
ok!

here are more than 5000 scala files.

https://www.huygens-fokker.org/scala/do ... tml#scales

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”