UnisonModeler, Supersaws and way beyond in free Kontakt script

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

UnisonModeler provides advanced controls for modeling many different types of unison sounds.
The script includes presets for Roland JP-8000 Supersaw, Hive and Spire emulations.
The editable custom per voice modulators allow new sound design possibilities that go far beyond traditional hypersaw/supersaw sounds. And you can use the free script in your own Kontakt instruments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bluesawsq on Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thank you!

bluesawsq wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:13 pm Image

UnisonModeler provides advanced controls for modeling many different types of unison sounds.
The script includes presets for Roland JP-8000 Supersaw, Hive and Spire emulations.
The editable custom per voice modulators allow new sound design possibilities that go far beyond traditional hypersaw/supersaw sounds. And you can use the free script in your own Kontakt instruments.
Thank you!!!!!

BoogyWhat wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:30 pm thank you!
You're welcome.
kmonkey wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:26 pm Thank you!!!!!
My pleasure.

Here is a quick video showing how the various adjustments change the frequency distribution and volume levels:

Sounds nice, thanx :tu:
More BPM please

Updated the UnisonModeler to version 1.1

Changes:
  • Added help texts to all script controls
  • Updated UnisonModeler nki instrument with three snapshots
    - Init Hive unison 15
    - Init JP8k SuperSaw
  • Added 'JP8k min Mix' script preset to model JP8k SuperSaw Mix control at minimum
  • Fixed wrong volume when loading saved instrument or snapshot
  • Fixed glide in non-unison groups
The new snapshots contain proper filter and envelope settings as well as other tweaks to get sounds very close to U-he Hive and Roland JP-8000.

The updated Kontakt instrument nki file is attached to the first post.

I can see a lot of hard work went into this! With Kontakt 7s new wavetable algorithm and this modeler the sound is amazing, even when morphing.
Thanks for sharing!!!

Really loving this. Used it in a few releases already. Also, good starting point for further deeper editing with Kontakt.
More BPM please

Really powerful and very precise. This allows me to shape my unison sounds EXACTLY the way I want them.
Thank you !!!

this looks incredible! but how do i use it with a simple saw wave? does kontakt have oscillators or must i upload samples? please instruct! :)

Digitt wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:04 am this looks incredible! but how do i use it with a simple saw wave? does kontakt have oscillators or must i upload samples? please instruct! :)
There is a wavetable sample playback mode in Kontakt's source panel.
And Kontakt is bundled with nice selection of wavetables, including the typical basic waveforms like saw. In Windows you can find the wavetables in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt\groups\Wavetables\Samples. Probably something similar on Mac.

The UnisonModeler contains an example instrument which is using Kontakt's bundled saw wavetable. You can use that like an init preset and modify it as much as you like. The UnisonModeler script works with any wavetable or multisample. And if you need multiple oscillators, you can add more groups and use different wavetables or samples in each group. In the UnisonModeler GUI you can select which group(s) the unison is applied to.

bluesawsq wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:59 pm
Digitt wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:04 am this looks incredible! but how do i use it with a simple saw wave? does kontakt have oscillators or must i upload samples? please instruct! :)
There is a wavetable sample playback mode in Kontakt's source panel.
And Kontakt is bundled with nice selection of wavetables, including the typical basic waveforms like saw. In Windows you can find the wavetables in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt\groups\Wavetables\Samples. Probably something similar on Mac.

The UnisonModeler contains an example instrument which is using Kontakt's bundled saw wavetable. You can use that like an init preset and modify it as much as you like. The UnisonModeler script works with any wavetable or multisample. And if you need multiple oscillators, you can add more groups and use different wavetables or samples in each group. In the UnisonModeler GUI you can select which group(s) the unison is applied to.
Thanks so much for your response. Idk why but it couldnt find the wavetable at first, but i chose to automatically search and now its working :) great :) thanks

Return to “Instruments”