reFX Nexus 4:5 - the ROMpler opens up

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

OK- I found the modulation for 'Fold' etc - it's not in the main matrix its per 'layer', once you open the 'layer' (click on the fader) you get the layer mod matrix and you can modulative just about everything and have full access to the ADSRS, Step sequencers etc- modulation is actually really nice.

Staring with the oscillator templates is OK (3 dots on menu then load pre-set template) but a '+' button to add oscillators (including sample) would obviously be better, but its early days for the new open system so I am sure '5' will build on this.

Once you can do this (not just use template layouts) I think it will be a pretty impressive synth- the layers remind me of Parawave Rapid and having a different arp pattern on each layer soon makes something interesting... I like it :tu:
Last edited by SLiC on Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

revvy wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:02 pm @ SLiC OSC modulation is limited to this, no?

Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 10.01.46 PM.png
I found it under layers (click the fader), the mod matrix there is different...

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

hi guys, the refx sale is until december 31th correct? cause im low on funds and plan ahead ;D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:00 pm hi guys, the refx sale is until december 31th correct? cause im low on funds and plan ahead ;D
At least, sometimes rolls into early January.

How do you 'easily' edit Nexus skins?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I am undecided between Expansions Dance Orchestra and Hollywood, even after listening to the audio demos. I need to choose only one for now. I am not doing orchestra/soundtrack work, but I thought it would be nice to add a good collection of orchestra type sounds in my collection for use in other genres as this particular category is probably the most lacking in Nexus4 factory content and the Expansions that I already have.

Which one should I pick first? Any advice would be appreciated.

revvy wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:16 am How do you 'easily' edit Nexus skins?
Visual Studio Code

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:55 pm I am undecided between Expansions Dance Orchestra and Hollywood, even after listening to the audio demos. I need to choose only one for now. I am not doing orchestra/soundtrack work, but I thought it would be nice to add a good collection of orchestra type sounds in my collection for use in other genres as this particular category is probably the most lacking in Nexus4 factory content and the Expansions that I already have.

as the name suggest the Dance Orchestra sounds are not "as realistic" as the real big Hollywood XPs. They are more "dance friendly" and the Big Hollywood libraries have Round Robin, Velocity Zones and tons of layers.

msvs wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:18 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:55 pm I am undecided between Expansions Dance Orchestra and Hollywood, even after listening to the audio demos. I need to choose only one for now. I am not doing orchestra/soundtrack work, but I thought it would be nice to add a good collection of orchestra type sounds in my collection for use in other genres as this particular category is probably the most lacking in Nexus4 factory content and the Expansions that I already have.

as the name suggest the Dance Orchestra sounds are not "as realistic" as the real big Hollywood XPs. They are more "dance friendly" and the Big Hollywood libraries have Round Robin, Velocity Zones and tons of layers.
Thanks for the clarification, Manuel. Since I am not doing pure soundtrack/orchestra work, I don't necessarily need highly realistic orchestra sounds in Nexus, so guess I will be fine with not-so-realistic but still usable sounds from the Dance Orchestra expansion and they will fill the little gap in this category of presets. At least I can pick it up first and decide for the Hollywood expansion later, since the sale will be lasting at least until 31st December.

glad I could help :)

msvs wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:26 pm glad I could help :)
Just bought Dance Orchestra for now. Both in question here were (are) your creations, so that way I was happy to buy either. I will consider the Hollywood expansion in future if possible. :)

msvs wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:26 pm glad I could help :)
Manuel, I just bought Nexus and asked this question earlier, i wonder if you have any input:

Maybe Manuel/FigBug could please clarify for us to what extent an SQ needs to be modified before I can use it in a commercial track?

And an ARp?

I’m not talking about the sound in isolation, I mean as part of a song.

Thanks.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

you should check out the eula on refx.com for that. If there are still questions you should open a ticket

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:58 am
revvy wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:22 am Use the entire SQ.

Eat the entire confection.
Thing is, you can't use them commercially or in library music unless you are modifying them, it's out of scope in the EULA.
I’ve just looked thru the EULA and cannot find anything that might prohibit me from using sounds that come from me playing Nexus presets in a commercially released song.

Could you please point me to where you think the problem might lie?

msvs wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:48 pm you should check out the eula on refx.com for that. If there are still questions you should open a ticket
Thanks Manuel, that was actually the best answer.

Having read the EULA, all seems good for using Nexus with my musical productions in the ‘standard’ way.

Really enjoying Nexus 👍🏻

Return to “Instruments”