KORG Collection 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SirKen wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:22 pm
EnGee wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:38 am If you have a Korg Collection 3, then you need to login in your account and in the offers (link) section, you would find a coupon that you use to purchase the upgrade version. Otherwise, you really need to contact their support. There was a link that Dan (a manager there) once gave me in another Forums (VI Control). I'll check it and paste it here for anyone wants to contact them.
That's just to be able to purchase the $99 upgrade option, correct? I don't think it gives any additional discount over the upgrade price.
Correct, for the upgrade you 'll need the code. You won't find it at the Korg shop but here: https://id.korg.com/users/sign_in
Copy paste the code during the check out @ the Korg shop

Bitwig sees the Micro as an audio effect and there’s no instrument version… Bitwig seems to do this with LoopMix too, I think they have some vst3 issue.

Can any other Bitwig user confirm?

simmo75 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:29 pm Bitwig sees the Micro as an audio effect and there’s no instrument version… Bitwig seems to do this with LoopMix too, I think they have some vst3 issue.

Yes. Bitwig sees the Microkorg as a effect which i mentioned earlier in this thread.

The workaround is to create a blank Instrument track and drop the MicroKorg in there.

D-Fusion wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:36 pm
simmo75 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:29 pm Bitwig sees the Micro as an audio effect and there’s no instrument version… Bitwig seems to do this with LoopMix too, I think they have some vst3 issue.

Yes. Bitwig sees the Microkorg as a effect which i mentioned earlier in this thread.

The workaround is to create a blank Instrument track and drop the MicroKorg in there.
Excellent! Thanks kindly.

On Reaper, does it happen to anyone that the Microkorg as a vocoder let's the input signal (modulator) to pass through instead of replacing it? In other words, it is not replacing the buffer, but summing dry + wet

I had to do some ugly routing workarounds. This seems a bug...

electro wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:04 pm
andypryce wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:01 pm Would have preferred DW 8000, Z1, Trident
Is Polyphony the only difference between Prophecy and Z1?
The Prophecy plugin has a polyphonic mode that the hardware Prophecy did not have.

Oddly enough, KORG put the Program Voice Settings in the FX page...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

For those wondering "why Electribe and Kaoss Pad?", the answer is that iOS variations of these plugins have existed for some time. Meaning some of the work required was likely already done. It also means, outside of some of the Electribe variants, the desktop formats aren't missing a whole lot that iOS has now. Though, unless you have a touch screen, Kaosssilator kinda makes more sense as an iPad / iPhone app..

The microKORG is nice enough in its way, and the only one which holds some appeal to me. Though there didn't seem to be ASIO support in the desktop app? Anyway, at $99 to upgrade (from v3), I'll pass for now..

BTW Given Korg licensed an updated MS-20 to Arturia, I do wonder where it leaves things with regards to whether they'd ever intend to update / improve older modeling code like the Polysix and Mono/Poly. It'd also be nice to see a plugin version of their "almost flagship" Trident synth. One time where adding features, to make it the flagship it deserved to be, would likely be welcomed :)

Can anyone recommend a good x/y pad solution for use with the Kaoss Pad. I tried MIDI x/y Pad by Michael Lauer, but it's MAC only :( Also looked at Korg Nano Pad, but is there anything else I've missed that's in that price range?

Zipede wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:56 am Can anyone recommend a good x/y pad solution for use with the Kaoss Pad. I tried MIDI x/y Pad by Michael Lauer, but it's MAC only :( Also looked at Korg Nano Pad, but is there anything else I've missed that's in that price range?

You know, I'm guessing it's just a matter of time before some clever programmer comes up with a VSTi X/Y pad that loads instruments. Already, Pitch Innovations' Fluid Chords touches on that concept as a virtual MPE controller.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Boy Wonder wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:26 am
Zipede wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:56 am Can anyone recommend a good x/y pad solution for use with the Kaoss Pad. I tried MIDI x/y Pad by Michael Lauer, but it's MAC only :( Also looked at Korg Nano Pad, but is there anything else I've missed that's in that price range?

You know, I'm guessing it's just a matter of time before some clever programmer comes up with a VSTi X/Y pad that loads instruments. Already, Pitch Innovations' Fluid Chords touches on that concept as a virtual MPE controller.
I hope so! I got a KORG Nano Pad a few years ago in the hopes that it would handle X/Y control for a few plugins that I have. But the touch pad was not very responsive when I mapped it. Tons of lag...

I seem to remember an iOS app that worked like that awhile back. It used WiFi or Bluetooth to achieve the results IIRC.

Now you got me wanting to go look back.

zzz00m wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:41 am
Boy Wonder wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:26 am

I hope so! I got a KORG Nano Pad a few years ago in the hopes that it would handle X/Y control for a few plugins that I have. But the touch pad was not very responsive when I mapped it. Tons of lag...
I was close to buying a Nanopad, is it really that bad, how many m/s lag does it have?

Zipede wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:12 am I was close to buying a Nanopad, is it really that bad, how many m/s lag does it have?
It's been a couple years since I tried it. Recall that it was a combination of lag and touch resolution, as far as where I was touching the pad and where it was responding on the plugin UI.

I would gladly pay for a device with precision, and this was not it!

Caine123 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:30 amkinda disappointed, doesnt korg have still some ROMpler and synths left from the past?
Yes, they have plenty. A Trident VSTi would be awesome and I'd pay whatever they asked for a software Delta or an O1/W. They should also do a their own Poly800 VSTi. It's a shit synth but it would sell like hotcakes. DW8000 would also make a lot more sense than this krap.
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:47 pm Odyssey looks pretty sharp on windows here, but tbh I don't remember it every being blurry.
That's because you have the right monitor for your set-up.
BBFG# wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:29 pmEdit: After installing these three as demos, I see they're all Windows Audio without even an ASIO option! And also not worth any price to me. They'll definitely have to include them for free with a real upgrade to get me to own these.
Have you even tried using them with Windows Audio? You may be surprised. Roli Equator uses Windows Audio by default and it works a treat with acceptably low latency.
Lucastyle wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:11 pmIf someone of Korg is reading please do the Trinity and the 01/W. :pray:
Why Trinity? It's really just a worse version of a Triton. 01/W makes sense, it had a fairly unique sound engine.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

The Korg Z1 did not sell very well. It made more sense to put in the Prophecy over Z1 as it has more of a legacy and it sounds better. I've compared both side by side and there's something that got lost in translation over on the Z1. The Prophecy just had more balls, they do not sound the same.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”