Tempting BF 2022

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought Zebra Legacy,
re-sold Kelvin for 35, because I just didn't
use it and didn't like its saturation characteristics and bought Invigorate for 29 instead,
was kinda love at first sight, sounds great on different sources and can drastically increase perceived loudness without increasing nominal loudness

Today Tempting Cyber Monday Sales has started haha
Do not intend to buy more

I bought a wack of stuff. Some things are not BF sales per-se but sales happening at the same time as BF. This is typical for me as I tend to wait for the best sales and let my "want" list pile up until BF. I rarely succumb to GAS these days.

I love this stuff, always have. Even back in the hardware days. I was known on the early internet to buy/sell/trade synth and studio gear because I was always switching gear around. with software I get to keep everything! :D

Tonsturm spctrl
Madrona Aaltoverb 2
Cherry GX80
Evolution Pipa, Guqin
IKM Studio MAX 3.5 upgrade $70 for a wack of extra stuff I'll use
PA Kirchhoff EQ $40 Foever 29
PA Lindell, SPL de-ess, mastdesk Peak $30 for all no brainer
Polyverse Supermodal $50 paid beta
AA Tulip I get 50% of sale/intro prices
Cherry Sines
GForce Oddessy 3 update
Overloud GEM Modula
Audio Damage Quanta 2 update
Sonarworks Upgrade $30 no brainer
UVI Dual Delay X
Last edited by plexuss on Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DCrown wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:47 am re-sold Kelvin for 35, because I just didn't
use it and didn't like its saturation characteristics
At first, it also seemed average to me (going thru factory presets), but this device definitely need to be able to cook, and it is capable of really non-trivial things (mainly for drums).
plexuss wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:44 am Madrona Aaltoverb 2
Audio Damage Quanta 2
Damn wanted both too. Definitely in next list (unless the world ends).

Companies are losing customers by not allowing to demo twice if the period between demos is long enough e.g. 1 year.

I demoed Atlas 2 last year but it crashed in Reaper because of some undo bug. Of course I couldn't justify buying it. I even was nice and reported the bug. It seems that a year after I can't demo.

Same, or worse even with Waldorf Nave. My connection last time was flaky and it interrupted the 200MB download so I was never able to demo. 1 year and a half after I can't try again. They have the most client-hostile website ever...
https://waldorfmusic.com/en/forum/nave- ... le-to-demo

I also wanted to try Lektor again. Nope. I already did 2 years ago.

So I have money available and not a lot that I want to try. It is only going to be the Korg Collection 4 it seems...

If I expire a demo and want to re-demo i just ask the dev/company to reset the demo - i've never had one refuse. ymmv.

Sounds reasonable.

There is 1 sale day left, so I didn't bother. I just posted the low-key rant here because it doesn't require me to go through hoops finding and filling forms and move on :)

More money in my pocket. I have stuff that I bought long ago and barely explored, so probably less is more.

Already bought:

- Line 6 Metallurgy Collection
- Vocalign Project 5
- Softube Murder One

I'm probably also going to get the Izotope Mix & Master Advanced Collection, but thankfully that deal seems to be going through the winter.
Last edited by J Veronica on Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Got only three:
1. Sonimus A-Console. Couldn't demo but if it does as advertised I'll be real happy
2. Fuse VREV-305. Unique verb at a really nice price.
3. UAD Sparks sub. Hitsville Chambers is amazing but the rest don't stand out over many other plugins I already have. Unless something drastic changes can't see myself keeping this when it switches to $20 a month.

Looking at Portal By Output at Thomann for $85.
https://www.thomannmusic.com/output_portal.htm
IIRC it will be more than $85 with the Euro transaction/conversion fees.
Is it so?

BTW is $85 the lowest price ever?

Speedrum at 25% off at Apisonic... and LiquidSonics sale (Reverberate 3 etc...) very tempting stuff.

- Mario

I just ended up purchasing BFD (~40€ for me) and am shocked at how terrible it sounds... dunno - the youtube videos I watched didn't seem to be half bad - but here it all sounds like cheap GM-Kits to me - totally unuseable here. :?

Can anybody recommend an add-on BDF-kit/-library that doesn't suck?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:03 am I just ended up purchasing BFD (~40€ for me) and am shocked at how terrible it sounds... dunno - the youtube videos I watched didn't seem to be half bad - but here it all sounds like cheap GM-Kits to me - totally unuseable here. :?

... and the worst part is selling it will likely cost you more than you paid... IIRC there's something like 50€ selling fee... Welcome to the club :\

- Mario

I'd much rather spend a little more in order to get something decent out of it... what a disappointment so far. :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:55 pm Looking at Portal By Output at Thomann for $85.
https://www.thomannmusic.com/output_portal.htm
IIRC it will be more than $85 with the Euro transaction/conversion fees.
Is it so?

BTW is $85 the lowest price ever?
Lowest I recall.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

jens wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:03 am I just ended up purchasing BFD (~40€ for me) and am shocked at how terrible it sounds... dunno - the youtube videos I watched didn't seem to be half bad - but here it all sounds like cheap GM-Kits to me - totally unuseable here. :?

For refernce here are a couple tracks of mine that use BDF3. To me it sounds good. So lets compare notes:

https://plexus.bandcamp.com/track/spirit

https://plexus.bandcamp.com/track/crims-kingdom

Return to “Effects”