One Synth Challenge #165: BBC Symphony Orchestra Discover by Spitfire Audio (Schiing Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/madmcman/the-light-windows
Here's my OSC for the spitfire labs BBC Orchestra made in bitwig. I decided to do something different.

Made with 77 instances (although a lot of them are duplicates to get round some plugin limitations) of BBC Orchestra with the following plugins:
Paid:
Adptr Metric AB
Adptr Sculpt
Delay Eternity
Ozone 9 elements
RESO
Scaler2
Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor
SmartComp 2
Spread
Snapheap
TDR Limiter 6 GE
TDR SlickEQ M

Free:
Airwindows Air2
Airwindows Texturize
Airwindows toTope5
FreshAir
kHs Trance Gate
kHs Transient Shaper
ShaperBox 3
STFU
TDR Nova
Valhalla Supermassive

Bitwig:
Arpeggiator
Convolution
Fx Layer
Mid/Side Split
Note Fx Selector
Note Transpose
Instrument Layer

My entry. My first time of making orchestral stuff. Really fun to compose.

https://soundcloud.com/zipidowski/light ... the-tunnel

Barely needed to do anything with fx:s.

23 instances of BBC Symphony orchestra.

DAW:
Studio One 5 pro

FX:
Acon Verberate 2
LoudMax64

Edit: Changed reverb, didn´t need Eq and added 4 instances more.
Last edited by zipidowski on Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is my entry for this month challenge

https://soundcloud.com/confusio/circo-n ... al_sharing

I made it with LMMS and 24 instances of BBC, and I used these plugins

CALF Compressor LADSPA
MDA Rezfilter
KJAERHUS Classic Reverb
KJAERHUS Classic Compressor
MELDAPRODUCTION MEqualizer
NATIVE INSTRUMENTS Supercharger
AUBURN SOUNDS Panagement
MELDAPRODUCTION MCharmVerb

thank you for hearing and commenting

"Opening Theme from The New Land"
MICHAEL JOHN (aka Mike777)
imaginary movie theme

DAW: Cakewalk by Bandlab
INSTANCES: 12 tracks/instruments
EFFECTS 1: BREVERB 2 Cakewalk
EFFECTS 2: Meldaproduction MCompressor

Final Update 11.30.22
https://soundcloud.com/mike_jf/mike777- ... al_sharing
Last edited by Mike777 on Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:16 am, edited 9 times in total.

Hi guys, here is my entry called "Ocen Waves"
I used 40 instances in Ableton Live and a mix of the below (too many to count lol)
Neutron 3 Elements, utility, drum buss, LoudMax, compressor, pitch, Arpeggiator, Beat Repeat, Valhalla Supermassive, Ozone Imager 2, Multiband Dynamics, Debuse Bass XL,
I hope you enjoy it.

https://soundcloud.com/user-783020495/o ... al_sharing
Last edited by BrainBeatMusic on Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Here's my entry, the imaginatively titled Discover:

https://soundcloud.com/luke-antony/disc ... al_sharing

DAW: Studio One 5

20 instances of Spitfire BBCSO Discover

Effects:
Studio One 5 Pro EQ
Studio One 5 Room Reverb
Studio One 5 Limiter

Well, this was an interesting experiment! Started this one late, just before going out of town for Thanksgiving to visit the folks. Lots of great entries so far!

https://soundcloud.com/the-never-scene/ ... al_sharing

48 instances of BBC
Effects used: Levelling Tool, ReaEQ, Valhalla VintageVerb, BX Townhouse Compressor, TB Sibilance, TB Reelbus 3, Melda MSpectralDynamics, Ozone Izotope 7 Standard
Last edited by TheNeverScene on Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

TheNeverScene wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:17 pm Well, this was an interesting experiment! Started this one late, just before going out of town for Thanksgiving to visit the folks. Lots of great entries so far!
Well, I love it :)
Majestic big moves, intricate passages. A story unfolds.
Bravo !

Hi guys! How you doin? Here i am for november OSC

*** The History ***

in late 90's i was frustrated by music because in that decade jazz-fusion said nothing new and i didn't find nothing new to listen...to buy. Once, after a love heartbreak i needed "something strong" and i bought Dream Theater's Images And Words. Magically lights returned and i finally found new path to walk in this infinite universe called "prog"! In 2003 i decided to produce something (really easier...) in that genre. Despite poor and unsuitable instruments (and technical skill), that adventure was amazing and after few months i had in my hands a 33 minutes mini-suite. My best composition ever!

*** The Song ***

When i discovered the symphonic vst as november "one synth" i straight understood that i had to give new life to that tune, mainly because the original "part 5" was partially orchestrated. The thing is that i was (slyly) just thinking of taking an old midifile and replacing the instruments in the tracks...in the end i spent as many hours as never in osc working on this "Freedom - a state of mind [edited excerpts from part 1 and 5]"...but i Love this, too!

(Original composition from 2003 is linkend in the song description in Soundcloud)

*** Submission ***

Freedom - a state of mind [edited excerpts from part 1 and 5]

https://soundcloud.com/zio-mau/freedom- ... al_sharing

*** gear ***

DAW:
Cockos : Reaper 5.99

INSTRUMENTS:
Spitfire Audio : BBC Symphony Orchestra Discover x 21

FX:
Cockos : ReaEq x 7
Sonimus : SonEq x 2
Cockos : ReaXComp x 1
Melda Prod. : MBandPass x 1
Cockos : ReaControlMidi x 1 (midi fx)

MASTER FX CHAIN:
Analog Obsession : Buster SE
Lkjb : QRange
JB : Smash Pro
Thomas Mundt : Loudmax

METERING FX:
Voxengo : Span
Youlean : Loudness meter

Greetings to everyone and thanks as always for this amazing contest!!!

THE WORKSPACE:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

image_2022-11-29_223221155.png
abot81 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:56 pm My submission to the One Synth Challenge (OSC) No. 165 - 24 instances of BBC Symphony Orchestra.

Had a lot of fun doing first orchestral piece!

Additional effects include:
- OTT (Xfer Records)
- TB_Barricade (Toneboosters)
- ReaEQ
- Room Reverb (ElephantDPSP)
- IVGI2 (Klanghelm)
- FerricTDSmkII (Variety of Sound)
- TesslaSEmkII (Variety of Sound)
- Fresh Air (Slate Digital)
- Tonelib-BassDrive (ToneLib)
- Tonelib-TubeWarmth (ToneLib)
- ValhallaSupermassive

https://soundcloud.com/bottomleya/osc16 ... al_sharing
Not sure if important, but I have re-uploaded my song as levels weren't right. Also renamed to include my KVR tag as per guidelines (and now downloads enabled). Sorry first one!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hey all!

I started working on a calm beautiful thing that sounds like a mix between japanese fantasy music and Steve Reich! :hihi: Now I like these various ideas so much that I'll skip OSC and make a proper thing out of it without any restrictions. :tu: (Viharmonic Bohemian Violin, all the Ben Osterhouse libraries, Arturia Piano V3, + better sampled Harps, Brass & Wind Instruments etc. etc. 8))

But as soon as the playlist is up I'll listen and vote (haven't listened to a single entry yet) but I'm sure I'll hear some great stuff! :phones: :love:

@silverpants sorry for not keeping in touch, I went through so many Black Friday deals that I'm sick of all type of deals and the whole internet :cry:
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:19 pm Hey all!

I started working on a calm beautiful thing that sounds like a mix between japanese fantasy music and Steve Reich! :hihi: Now I like these various ideas so much that I'll skip OSC and make a proper thing out of it without any restrictions. :tu: (Viharmonic Bohemian Violin, all the Ben Osterhouse libraries, Arturia Piano V3, + better sampled Harps, Brass & Wind Instruments etc. etc. 8))
I have to say I wanted to switch BBCSO Discover to BBCSO Professional every now and then. :D No cor anglais, no leaders, no legato (agh!). Can't wait to listen to all the entries.

Mr Arkadin wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:05 pm
Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:19 pm Hey all!

I have to say I wanted to switch BBCSO Discover to BBCSO Professional every now and then. :D No cor anglais, no leaders, no legato (agh!). Can't wait to listen to all the entries.
Haha I fully understand you!
My track has moments of various polyrhythmic marimbas played really fast.
Sounds a little bit different when using Soniccouture's Grand Marimba! :lol:
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:18 pm My track has moments of various polyrhythmic marimbas played really fast.
My track was done Sunday evening (due to me being struck with the dreaded COVID earlier in the month! The brain fog was awful). I have used minimalism techniques with 4 bar patterns played around the orchestra and as such you will hear many repeating patterns, but in different contexts.

Will put it up soon as I don't want to fail to keep my long term aim to make a track each month.

dB

...come on....come on Yadrichik...don't be shy!!! :D :tu:

@doctorbob you can't miss an entry...this challenge would stop forever! :o

:tu: :tu: :tu:

Return to “Instruments”