Wave Alchemy Triaz [Kontakt]

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Triaz

T-CM11 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:16 pm
seangm wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:05 pm I was thinking of picking up Triaz at some point but if it's true that it doesn't respond to velocity then I think I'll pass.
- Type Wave Alchemy Triaz in Google
- Look for pictures
- See the word Velocity written multiple times in the interface
- re-evaluate your decision-making process
I'm responding to this quote from boy wonder:

" Whatever velocity you hit a snare, high hat or whatever, the sound stays the same."

I said "if it's true" then I wouldn't get it. Thank you for being rude and insulting though.
Last edited by seangm on Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Spring Goose wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:17 pm
seangm wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:05 pm
Boy Wonder wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:51 am Maybe somebody can help me out here. Triaz is my go-to drum library these days. The only thing I don't like, and it's why I'm leaning towards MODO Drums, is this: Whatever velocity you hit a snare, high hat or whatever, the sound stays the same. It doesn't bother me so much because I'm composing dance/psychill/ambient, but still.
I was thinking of picking up Triaz at some point but if it's true that it doesn't respond to velocity then I think I'll pass.
Of course it responds to velocity! It has a knob per each drum channel.
Thank you Spring Goose for clearing that up and answering in a respectful manner.

I know it responds to velocity. I use it that way myself. I suppose what I'm referring to is velocity layers. If you hit softly, the drum sound is soft. If you hit hard, it'll be a sharp crack sound. Triaz can't do this because there's only one velocity layer. or am I wrong about this?
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

I think your answer is explained by Wave Alchemy themselves on page 2 of this thread:

"....As well as electronic sounds, TRIAZ does indeed feature a lot of acoustic sounds too (around 3,000), however unlike BFD, the aim was not to emulate the nuances of acoustic drums in depth with multiple velocity levels and many round robins, but rather to deliver a diverse collection of wonderfully designed sounds that are recorded with lots of character, depth and unique sonic imprint in order to give you sounds you have not heard before. For example we recorded acoustic drum kits in non traditional ways to give almost Foley like textures, recorded huge cinematic mallet drums through unique processing chains, acoustic bass drums through unique bass /guitar amps and so much more - just to give a brief idea!....

Thanks. That confirms my suspicion. If I want multiple velocity layers, I'd have to spring for something like BFD or Addictive Drums. The thing is those libraries are huge. I should demo MODO drums to see if they worked out that sponginess issue with their kick drums.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Damn, I wanna like this thing but holy f**k it is so buggy

Zoopy wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:29 am Damn, I wanna like this thing but holy f**k it is so buggy
What bugs?
It’s just fine here.

Boy Wonder wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:36 am Thanks. That confirms my suspicion. If I want multiple velocity layers, I'd have to spring for something like BFD or Addictive Drums. The thing is those libraries are huge. I should demo MODO drums to see if they worked out that sponginess issue with their kick drums.
Battery also has a bit of that for some pretty decent acoustic kits.

kinda sad they never followed up on the standalone vst version, its the best drum thing out there but i cant use it, while its tiny

Had an email convo with 'them' and the update/new version was on schedule for 2022 release.
There's still (a bit of) time ;-)
Can't wait for it
gExpectations wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:18 pm kinda sad they never followed up on the standalone vst version, its the best drum thing out there but i cant use it, while its tiny

Hettoblaster wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:52 pm Had an email convo with 'them' and the update/new version was on schedule for 2022 release.
Can't wait for it
That would be awesome :D :D

Why wave alchemy has no sale on blackfriday? they are really quiet..

maybe they get too good money making romplers for ni

Why be so negative? You bought stuff by them when they were only NI romplers, right?

They made money too? Fancy that.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Hettoblaster wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:52 pm Had an email convo with 'them' and the update/new version was on schedule for 2022 release.
Can't wait for it
gExpectations wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:18 pm kinda sad they never followed up on the standalone vst version, its the best drum thing out there but i cant use it, while its tiny
There's some great stuff coming in early '23 for TRIAZ. I'm looking forward to it.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”