how to reduce the tyre noise in the car exhaust recording?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone. I recorded a car exhaust sound, but here is a lot of wind and tyre noise mixed inside it. I tried different mics/positions/wind shields . here is the best result i can get.
I tried i Zotope RX and it seems that I cannot get the good result. Is there any better way/software?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tyre noise... so the car was driving? Do you have a photo/video of the recording session, how you have put the mic as close to the exhaust as possible?

My answer: record again while the car is standing still.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Nice car lol

It sounds almost ready to me - maybe cut out the low end rumble but I personally didn't catch much tire noise. What do you want to use it on?

I think if you run it on bare rims you won't hear any tyre noise.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Thanks guys, it's a Doge Challenger, I used 2DPA 6042 +2 sennheiser 8040 with Rycote wind shield ,I recorded 4 cars these day with these setup and others 3 got a nice result . But the Challenger 's exhaust produced some kinds of " wind noise " sound as the engine speed went up as you can hear in the mp3 file. When I released the gas, the " wind noise" disappears ....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aduanaduan wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:56 am When I released the gas, the " wind noise" disappears ....
I'd say you're doing pretty good. When I release the gas I usually get a lot of wind noise.

Return to “Sound Design”