Cardinal (open source VCV)

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DRMR wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:01 pm What do you mean "JUST"? there is no .deb package in the release (only in kx.studio repositories)
And DPF (and consequently Cardinal) is quite "Linux first" approach. Without Linux we wouldn't even have Windows builds ;)
What I mean is exactly what I say. I am grateful that we aren't just limited to .DEB files. Personally, I use Fedora. I'm referring to the files listed here:

https://github.com/DISTRHO/Cardinal/releases/tag/22.09
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

falkTX wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:37 pm Well we could release only debs instead of the generic linux binaries. Users appreciate the extra mile for the these things.
Windows users are the less represented ones in Cardinal development side, it is not even possible to build under Windows at the moment.

For Linux there is even RISC-V support now, in preparation before it becomes mainstream.
If anyone has a RISC-V board, please do test!
Exactly. I know that you "could" release only .DEBs, but I'm grateful that you are releasing files in the .tar.gz format that all Linux users can make use of. Personally, I use Fedora, and by default, RPMs. If you released .DEBs only, I wouldn't be able to benefit from Cardinal. But, since you are not releasing JUST .DEB files alone (like some other software providers), I can benefit. So, I'm saying thank you. :)

Sometimes I worry that my good intentions and appreciation are misunderstood as complaints. I figure it is better to explain myself rather than be thought of as ungrateful. :)

Thanks again! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:05 amreleasing JUST .DEB files alone
This wording just makes it seem like there are .deb files in the release, and there are not :)
I wanted to root out any confusion that this wording might create.

But yes, rather have clean files instead of installers because installers often get it wrong (for things like plugins at least).
We see this now with windows .. users really really wanted an installer, but now users want to be able to set the install-path .. Then don't use the installer!

22.10 released, mostly bugfixes and a couple minor features: https://kx.studio/News/?action=view&url ... 0-released

Any idea if the Surge XT modules will be included in Cardinal?
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ah what a shame. Oh well, thanks for investigating!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I have a problem with midiout in the x32 version of Cardinal 2022_10 using buzz (with polac vst adapter) because it don't trigger any midi events in other driven vst. Same patch with the x64 version works perfectly.
The previous versions (x32 of cardinal 2022_09 and 2022_07) also work flawlessy.
In any case thank you very much for Cardinal.

I don't know why but Cardinal VST3 versions are crashing Studio One 5, fortunately the VST2 versions work but it's slightly annoying as I'd prefer VST3 to work

I'm running Reaper on x86_64. With the 18out version, only inputs 1 and 2 work. Running Cardinal 22.10. Hardware is stereo (tried with Presonus Studio and my laptop's internal audio). I was hoping to get multichannel output.

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

And today we have 22.11 \o/

Lots of bugfixes, some updates and couple new modules.

https://github.com/DISTRHO/Cardinal/releases/tag/22.11

DRMR wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:26 pm And today we have 22.11 \o/

Lots of bugfixes, some updates and couple new modules.

https://github.com/DISTRHO/Cardinal/releases/tag/22.11
thanks!

VST3 still crashing Studio One on latest release

Digivolt wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:04 am VST3 still crashing Studio One on latest release
This still hasn't been reported on the issue tracker, so likely nobody will work on this until it's being tracked.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”