Waves new - BB Tubes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, Waves needing WUP to use their plugins on two devices really sucks. I only have one device, but I see the point.

That said, I don't think this should be a part of discussion intended to share thoughts about a plugin. Every Waves discussion revolves around this topic and frankly speaking, I am tired of it. Anyone interested in a Waves plugin, or any plugin for that matter, would and should do their research about how it all works and not rely on people commenting on it on forums. That's silly IMHO.

Anyway, sorry to comment on this again myself. Would be interesting to know what others think about BB Tubes...

I couldn't get through the first 10 seconds of the Waves video on this - gag-worthy marketing hype - these "pro" producers are losers. It's non-linear distortion - of course its going to sound better. Every random non-linear distortion character is going to sound good - that's how it works. But loading distortion on distortion on distortion... well, we are back to loundness war type stuff again.

plexuss wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:17 pm I couldn't get through the first 10 seconds of the Waves video on this - gag-worthy marketing hype - these "pro" producers are losers. It's non-linear distortion - of course its going to sound better. Every random non-linear distortion character is going to sound good - that's how it works. But loading distortion on distortion on distortion... well, we are back to loundness war type stuff again.
I found that cringy too. Demo'd it regardless. Whatever it is doing it is well tuned and it sounds good. You can easily over cook it but you can also dial it in to taste. I am not campaigning on this. I am honestly suprised by it.
Last edited by Scotty on Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:22 pm
plexuss wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:17 pm I couldn't get through the first 10 seconds of the Waves video on this - gag-worthy marketing hype - these "pro" producers are losers. It's non-linear distortion - of course its going to sound better. Every random non-linear distortion character is going to sound good - that's how it works. But loading distortion on distortion on distortion... well, we are back to loundness war type stuff again.
I found that cringy too. Demo'd it regardless. Whatever it is doing it is well tuned and it sounds good. You can easily over cook it but you can also dial it in to taste. I am not compaigning on this. I am honestly suprised by it.
Give me a break, "well tuned". This saturation fad is disappointing...

plexuss wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:25 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:22 pm
I found that cringy too. Demo'd it regardless. Whatever it is doing it is well tuned and it sounds good. You can easily over cook it but you can also dial it in to taste. I am not compaigning on this. I am honestly suprised by it.
Give me a break, "well tuned". This saturation fad is disappointing...
That's fine. I am only sharing my opinion and my experiences with it. Respect.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:28 pmI guess we can expect BB Tapes next under the new Magma series.
And a bundle, at some point.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Scotty wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:28 pm
plexuss wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:25 pm Give me a break, "well tuned". This saturation fad is disappointing...
That's fine. I am only sharing my opinion and my experiences with it. Respect.
Ya... sorry... I am just frustrated with it. In the end, it's not my audio. Distort away... :clap:

So where is the Aliasing test?
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Every thing in:
WUP, Mac, aliasing.
Priceless these Waves threads are!
And so predictably similar...

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:18 pm Every thing in:
WUP, Mac, aliasing.
Notice you didn't include "GUI".

plexuss wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:23 pm
WUP, Mac, aliasing.
No wood panels included.

and it must be added, possibly every time as well, that you can install Waves plugs on as many machines as you like, it's just that you can't have more than one running concurrently without up to date WUP, but apart from that have your licenses on a USB stick and you can have them installed on as many machines as you like, just move the USB stick with you.
Say NO to CLAP!

El°HYM wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:31 pm
WUP, Mac, aliasing.
No wood panels included.
Although. BB Tubes has a nice vinyl sticker front panel look and feel.

Waves stuff is just to much to be bothered with for me these days. I never even re-installed any of them when I upgraded my OS a while back. Don't expect I will install them again tbh...

plexuss wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:59 pm
El°HYM wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:31 pm
WUP, Mac, aliasing.
No wood panels included.
Although. BB Tubes has a nice vinyl sticker front panel look and feel.
Clicked on the Sticker but nothing happened. De-installed!

Return to “Effects”