Parawave Rapid Discussion Thread II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RAPID Synthesizer

Hello Mirko - thank you for showing up, this means a lot to us, Rapid users. Any ETA on 1.9 update - doesnt have to be set in stone? :)

pierb wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:09 pm
Mirko R. wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:19 pm It is not so elegant and no longer by voice, but for the time being a useful solution. :-)
Are more filters per voice and layer planned for the future?
First we are working on the advanced Routing functions. This is our first priority. I can take a look at the filter-section maybe for the next version. BUT!!! That's not a promise. I just keep it in mind. ;-)
Do you guys have any wishes? Some new kind of starndards or maybe some combinations or even some specials? Let me know and I will see, what I can do. :-)

SLiC wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:26 pm @Mirko, perhaps you can feedback the issue with VAT being charged top people who shouldn't pay VAT (ie not in the EU) as I know it is stopping a lot of people from buying soundpacks, so it will be good for all to get this fixed!
Sorry, I am just developer and sounddesigner. For this kind of quenstions please contact the support.

anoise wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:37 pm
Mirko R. wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:09 pm If you have questions about certain functions or want to know how to implement certain ideas, then let me know.
Hello, any chance for multi-out? :pray: That would be awesome for further processing of the layers.
There will be no multi-out. I know Rapid is a good choice for this, but it would be far too expensive to implement and the benefit would simply be too small. Believe me, I also have so many ideas as to what else could be done, but it's always a question of what you invest the development time in, and unfortunately multi-out isn't one of them.

HcDoom wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:48 pm Hello Mirko - thank you for showing up, this means a lot to us, Rapid users. Any ETA on 1.9 update - doesnt have to be set in stone? :)
Unfortunately, I can't give an exact statement on that. Unexpected obstacles are more common in development. Rapid's architecture is becoming more and more complex and since many elements are interrelated, we have to check and test a lot. As a result, development takes longer. However, you will then also get a stable version. ;-)

Mirko R. wrote: Unfortunately, I can't give an exact statement on that. Unexpected obstacles are more common in development. Rapid's architecture is becoming more and more complex and since many elements are interrelated, we have to check and test a lot. As a result, development takes longer. However, you will then also get a stable version. ;-)
Ok, I understand. Are there any new preset packs coming up?

HcDoom wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:11 pm
Mirko R. wrote: Unfortunately, I can't give an exact statement on that. Unexpected obstacles are more common in development. Rapid's architecture is becoming more and more complex and since many elements are interrelated, we have to check and test a lot. As a result, development takes longer. However, you will then also get a stable version. ;-)
Yes, LoFi in a few days.

Very simple feature request (unless it's there and I've not seen it): toggle ADSR envelopes to AD.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

Hi Mirko. I really like being able to layer sounds by dragging and dropping presets onto open tabs. It would be awesome if there was a way to audition presets while hearing everything else already loaded without having to drag and drop each time. Maybe there's an "audition mode" that would allow this.

Mirko R. wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:39 pm
HcDoom wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:11 pm
Yes, LoFi in a few days.
Will that make it into the current sale?

SLiC wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:26 pm @Mirko, perhaps you can feedback the issue with VAT being charged top people who shouldn't pay VAT (ie not in the EU) as I know it is stopping a lot of people from buying soundpacks, so it will be good for all to get this fixed!
I would love to know how this is allowed also. I’ve never experienced that with anything I’ve purchased before

Quite of few of us asked/objected over the years, but it is what it is.
Truthfully I think some other developers do it, just don't mention explicitly that they do it.
rsp
sound sculptist

Hi Mirko,

Thanks for the marvelous synth! I know a lot of people are asking for dual filters, which I don't personally need because of the layering and routing, but maybe a new set of filter types would keep us all happy for now?
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Requests for Rapid. (in no particular order)

1. More than one programable arpeggiator per layer: Single | Dual | Quad

2 The ability to reverse the arpeggiator pattern.

3 The ability to un-assign an arpeggiator to a single oscillator.

4. The ability to hide sections of the GUI to simplify and declutter the interface.

5. A one-page overview of all 32 modulation sections [That is editable].

6. A one-page overview of the effects used on all 8 layers [That is editable].

7. A one-page overview of the oscillators that can be toggled on and off.

8. More sound packs included by default.

Honestly, I've lost faith in the devs of Rapid in that any suggestions are just wishful thinking now.

It's anything but rapid in development.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I'm having some graphical issues with the VST3 in Bitwig 4.4.3 on Big Sur M1 Air. Nothing serious, just some harmless glitches/aberrations with tooltip pop-up boxes and some fuzziness at <100% GUI scaling. I'll submit a detailed bug report, with screencaps to the support mailbox later today.
Always Read the Manual!

Any chance of adding ability to "create" unison aka activating all layers and having all parameters linked?

Request: the ability to enter values by shift clicking on a component like Bitwig. They also added a smart way of entering notes or divisions which are converted into hz or ms durations, for example when entering a value for predelay in the reverb fx.

A lot of requests here. :-D Nice to see, you have so many ideas, but as i mentioned,... we also have a big list with ideas that we want to add. Anyway, just carry on. When I read good thinks, I will write them down and add them to our list. ;-)

Any question about existing functions or maybe some sounddesign questions? :-)

Return to “Instruments”