R2/R4 replacable? discontinuation? FL Studio problems

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi!

i just dunno but FL Studio just has its problems to load the state of the plugins, IL cannot help either atm, they need to further check it out and i will provide them more FLPs but afaik izotope will discontinue these plugins, is this correct?

if so, are there some recommendable alternatives with a similiar sound and featureset?

thx
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Just get Izotope Symphony. Izotope usually have it on sale. And it is M1 Native.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Symphony has the same bug too, using bridged mode fixed the problem

Thx guys, how do use the bridged mode?

I dont want to use izotope plugins anymore :). So i try to replace my current ones
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

You press on the cog on the top left corner of R4, then open the plug + cog icon below that, processing tab and you should see "make bridged" mode in there. Taichi is a good alternative to this, even tho izotope abandoned these reverbs, youre on windows so you should be able to use them for atleast 5 more years so i wouldnt be worried about that.
Last edited by jtsterays on Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Symphony(R2, more musical) and Stratus(R4, more real space emulation) basically a replacement for R2 and R4. same algo as far as I know.

However I don't know how long they will keep updating them, iZotope bought Exponential Audio, and their own iZotope installation center doesn't even have the option to install them, you have to download the installer somewhere on iZotope website separately, it is not impossible that iZotope will just keep them barely alife for the Post-Pro industry and main focus will be their own Neoverb thing (which I think also use Exponential Audio algo)

If you want the similar quality stuffs that have active development and support, you can also check out Liquid Sonics Cinematic Room, Seventh Heaven, HD cart, Tai Chi..etc

thx a lot guys im testing it out this week.

izotope absolutely sucks, sorry but what shall i say? the facts are their support is bad, they drop support like worn shirts and discontinuing R2/R4 etc. shows their companies philosophy. i wouldnt and dont trust them anytime anymore.

jtsterays wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:59 am You press on the cog on the top left corner of R4, then open the plug + cog icon below that, processing tab and you should see "make bridged" mode in there. Taichi is a good alternative to this, even tho izotope abandoned these reverbs, youre on windows so you should be able to use this for atleast 5 more years so i wouldnt be worried about that
thx i just changed this option but when i restart FL Studio to fresh test and open a R4 instance the option is again reset :(
the option isnt saved.

Caine123 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:36 am
jtsterays wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:59 am You press on the cog on the top left corner of R4, then open the plug + cog icon below that, processing tab and you should see "make bridged" mode in there. Taichi is a good alternative to this, even tho izotope abandoned these reverbs, youre on windows so you should be able to use this for atleast 5 more years so i wouldnt be worried about that
thx i just changed this option but when i restart FL Studio to fresh test and open a R4 instance the option is again reset :(
the option isnt saved.
https://itsgratuitous.com/add-plugin-to ... -database/ you turn on bridged in R4 then do this and it will be saved everytime time you open it (Its also good for plugins with bad default preset that you cant change, just tweak to your liking and do the same thing)

If you are looking for an alternative, the valhalladsp plugins are generally well regarded and cheap. They will never go on sale, so you can buy whenever you want or check the KVR marketplace.

edit: or FL Studio's new LuxeVerb if you don't like the other ones: https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-le ... xeVerb.htm

Liquidsonics reverbs are on sale until Dec 11 (there's one sale per year, and loyalty discounts stack).

Illusion or Cinematic Rooms replaces Nimbus, though they aren't quite as transparent they are more realistic (esp. CR).

TaiChi and/or HDCart can replace R4 for the most part (or you can look at the Relab LX480).

I have Exponntial Audio R4 I've moved over to LiquidSonics Valhalla DSp and Eventide fill in the gaps.

Caine123 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:12 am hi!

i just dunno but FL Studio just has its problems to load the state of the plugins, IL cannot help either atm, they need to further check it out and i will provide them more FLPs but afaik izotope will discontinue these plugins, is this correct?

if so, are there some recommendable alternatives with a similiar sound and featureset?

thx
What about other DAWs? They get it? If yes, you might try to post it as a bug in the 21rc2 thread in the IL-Forum.

If the state can‘t be recalled, you could try as a workaround to save it as a preset, at least this should be loaded correctly then, not?

I appreciate the EA reverbs also pretty much, especially because thr build-up curves and quality of ER and tail are pretty tweakable.

So if you are looking for other options in the same quality league, you could go to Symphony and/or Stratus, but who knows when they skip that. Furthermore as some here, I also recommend to have a look at LiquidSonics and Relab (they have a new reverb in the queue, I guess it will be bomb). The Valhalla stuff, I don‘t regard on par with the EA reverbs, at least not for tweakability and the amount of presets is also less.

Izotope Neoverb?

Lbdunequest wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:52 am Izotope Neoverb?
Yeah, but screw Izotope!

Return to “Effects”