[rock + violin motif] "happiness"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
enroe
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2072 posts since 19 Mar, 2008 from germany

Post Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:15 am

Are you happy? Are you striving for happiness? No - never?
Here's our song about universal happiness:

Direct link: http://andy-enroe.bplaced.net/22_songs/ ... piness.mp3

Website with happiness-animation: "happiness"
Note: This requires clicking the grey "play"-button.

We hope you're happy about it. Of course we are happy
about every comment, be it about the mixing technique
or the arrangement. Enjoy! :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

User avatar
tomtom1
KVRian
875 posts since 21 May, 2020 from germany

Post Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:47 am

:tantrum:
the track doesn't work...
i am not happy now - instead i want to burn down my city... :lol:

...

Maybe the voice could sit a tiny little bit more upfront on the 3d stage and the violin sound sounds a tiny bit unnatural (it is sampled one, or am i wrong? ) But overall the mix is really good. At least here on my monitors. Panning is really nice too.

...

:love:
i just saw the boobs...
now i am happy...
your track works...
it is awesome...
:hihi:
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

User avatar
markkuja
KVRian
1452 posts since 28 Oct, 2005 from Finland

Post Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:21 am

Good melodic pop rock song. Nice composition and arrangement. Good mix and sounds.

Rene Asologuitar
KVRian
840 posts since 2 Apr, 2022

Post Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:25 pm

Hi Andy,
Great lyrics, and truly relative, happiness is!
Agree with Mark, very good melodic pop rock.
And the visuals are so nice and easy on the eyes.
Great mix and lovely vocals.
I also love the electric guitar solo tones.
Well done.
Rene

enroe
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2072 posts since 19 Mar, 2008 from germany

Post Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:19 am

tomtom1 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:47 am :tantrum:
the track doesn't work...
i am not happy now - instead i want to burn down my city... :lol:

...

Maybe the voice could sit a tiny little bit more upfront on the 3d stage and the violin sound sounds a tiny bit unnatural (it is sampled one, or am i wrong? ) But overall the mix is really good. At least here on my monitors. Panning is really nice too.

...

:love:
i just saw the boobs...
now i am happy...
your track works...
it is awesome...
:hihi:
Haha, we discussed a week long wether this picture,
which made you happy, should stay in the picture-slide or
not. And lastly we decided that it should stay because
also this kind of happiness is part of a "happy universe".

We are also considering having a friend play the violin
part again. That would be a lot of work, but it might give
the song even more liveliness. Let's see.

Thank you for your accurate review! :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

User avatar
tomtom1
KVRian
875 posts since 21 May, 2020 from germany

Post Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:10 am

enroe wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:19 am Haha, we discussed a week long wether this picture,
which made you happy, should stay in the picture-slide or
not. And lastly we decided that it should stay because
also this kind of happiness is part of a "happy universe".
:lol: :tu:
enroe wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:19 am We are also considering having a friend play the violin
part again.
That would be great - would certainly give the piece another human touch (but as it is it sounds nice overall)
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Genetic_Junk
KVRAF
2756 posts since 22 Dec, 2004

Post Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:02 am

The animation and unique sound make this very enjoyable. It would be cool to hear a real violin, but I also like the synthetic sound in the current version. Great work!

enroe
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2072 posts since 19 Mar, 2008 from germany

Post Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:35 pm

markkuja wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:21 am Good melodic pop rock song. Nice composition and arrangement. Good mix and sounds.
Thank you, markkuja, for your kind words. :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

User avatar
eassae
KVRian
905 posts since 18 May, 2021

Post Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:24 am

I enjoyed this very much. Mix, lyrics, vocals…all top notch.
eassae.com
Audius | SoundCloud | NAUGHT
"Arts and crafts have been canceled due to poor taste"—Bill Murray, Meatballs

User avatar
Allomerus
KVRAF
2925 posts since 28 Aug, 2012 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:48 pm

Cool track. I enjoyed the sentiment and the upbeat nature of it. Well played and sung.
Nice visuals too. ;)
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
11053 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Post Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:35 pm

I've listened to this 4 or 5 times during the last 3 weeks. I think the melody is a "grower". It not only sounds more familiar with each listen, but it's also one of those melodies that sounds better each time.

I must admit that I do enjoy looking at photos of other people's meals on the internet. Especially when they are fried breakfasts :wink:

Good work :)

enroe
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2072 posts since 19 Mar, 2008 from germany

Post Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:51 am

Rene Asologuitar wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:25 pm Hi Andy,
Great lyrics, and truly relative, happiness is!
Agree with Mark, very good melodic pop rock.
And the visuals are so nice and easy on the eyes.
Great mix and lovely vocals.
I also love the electric guitar solo tones.
Well done.
Rene
Ooooh, thank you Rene! :hyper:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2072 posts since 19 Mar, 2008 from germany

Post Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:17 am

Genetic_Junk wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:02 am The animation and unique sound make this very enjoyable. It would be cool to hear a real violin, but I also like the synthetic sound in the current version. Great work!
Thank you for your rating!

The violins are currently sampled violins played via MIDI. A lot of
film music nowadays is already recorded in this way. Nevertheless,
it is nicer, unfortunately also more complex, to have them played
back in by a violin player in a live session. Let's see what our
schedule allows ...

Thank you, Genetic_Junk! :D
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

enroe
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2072 posts since 19 Mar, 2008 from germany

Post Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:04 am

eassae wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:24 am I enjoyed this very much. Mix, lyrics, vocals…all top notch.
Thank you, eassea! :hyper:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

guitarmiester
KVRist
218 posts since 30 Dec, 2018

Post Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:22 pm

I like how upbeat this is. Initially, the violin did sound robotic but that goes away once everything kicks in. The writing, performance and mix are all crisp and top notch. Nice work!

Return to “Music Cafe”