Does FU count as profanity when used in a statement?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

Does FU count as profanity?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:30 pm

Yes, FU in a statement constitutes profanity.
72%
No, FU in a statement does not constitute profanity.
17%
I don't know/understand
11%

Total votes: 18

RELATED
PRODUCTS

morelia wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:24 am
jancivil wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:58 am it is, but any entity using that *excuse* is dodging the point, and I would _never_ want to do business with such. my next message would spell it for them
My whole life in every job I have been sworn at like you wouldn't believe. It's normal where I'm from. No one gets offended by it unless they are not from here and then WE are supposed to change. Where else in the world does that happen?

Like it or not, believe it or not, my use of FU is as tame as it gets from my perspective. They are just words so what is the big deal?
yeah, “oh f**k off” doesn’t even need normalization in my milieu, life long. My mother didn’t like to hear the word f**k when I was growing up but this ultimately revealed as pretty repressed when I got to know her better as a grown person. This said, I think I’d’ve gone with ‘feels like a big screw you’, but unlike some here I gotta say IME you aren’t the problem in that exchange, ie., I got no pearls to clutch…
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i went to the supermarket earlier, it's very cold. some little old woman (must have been 75 +) at the bus stop said "ee f**k me it's parky"

vurt wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:09 pm i went to the supermarket earlier, it's very cold. some little old woman (must have been 75 +) at the bus stop said "ee f**k me it's parky"
I hope you pulled her into line. At the risk of being beaten to death with a handbag.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:33 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:09 pm i went to the supermarket earlier, it's very cold. some little old woman (must have been 75 +) at the bus stop said "ee f**k me it's parky"
I hope you pulled her into line. At the risk of being beaten to death with a handbag.
took my stick to her! not having such filth!!!

(walking stick, i don't carry a beating stick)

So, if she said f**k me...did you? Give her one, I mean.

kritikon wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:58 pm So, if she said f**k me...did you? Give her one, I mean.
in this context it is sadly not an offer. as i found out the hard way once.

nor found her an easy way twice I surmise
-coat needed

kritikon wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:58 pm So, if she said f**k me...did you? Give her one, I mean.
Oh kriti, :hihi: it's all about the context rather than selective word isolation for one's own personal use.

A question if I may. Is language accepted within a cultural group part of their culture? Or is it possible for others to choose which words people can incorporate as part of their cultural group's way of speaking?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Not if your wearing a Fu Manchu....

Maybe you could respond by making reference to some of the hilarious censorship that went on in the old days so the TV networks could broadcast movies full of f**k You's and point out to those who may just be looking to avoid getting the message that FU could be taken to stand for 'Forget You'... :hihi:

https://youtu.be/8KUZro9rwVg

…except he didn’t say “fudge”
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”