Did Cubase VST 3.X/4.0 have high pass filters ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to recall if the mixer in Cubase VST had high pass filters, I found a few images that it had fully parametric EQ's

Was "Hi Cut" and "Low Cut" HPF and LPF I cannot recall...and were these available for VST instruments like Neon or just on the audio channels. It was all so long ago.

Slightly clearer...

Yes, the Low Cut and Hi Cut EQ filter types would be Hi Pass and Low Pass filters respectively.

The way it worked back then is that the LPF & HPF were not independent of the equalizer. They were tied to bands 1 & 4, using the switches: Low Cut & Shelf (band 1) and Hi Cut & Shelf (band 4) to toggle between a variable bell curve (both switches off) or the shelf or filter curves.

In later versions of Cubase, the LP & HP filters became two independent parameters from the 4 band EQ.
On a number of Macs

Thanks that clears that one up. Funny how back then the faders were made to look like "the semi metallic console faders of the future" and now we are back to the faders of how faders are meant to look.

This was the beginning of the incredible situation we have now.

Man those channel strips and that mixer was something else back then! I made the jump from good old Cakewalk to VST24 and was blooooooown away haha. It was between that and Logic at the time, and Cubase's mixer just worked like a mixer should, I was sold (and left for Logic when Cubase SX came out and I hated the new GUI haha).

with my 400MHz MONSTER MACHINE!!!

sqigls wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:54 pm with my 400MHz MONSTER MACHINE!!!
LOL I was running a Pentium 233 when I first got it. I skipped the PII's but bumped up to the neighbor of the beast 667 PIII later. Ended up trading that computer for my Microwave XT when I switched to a Mac after VST32 came out hah. Was kind of weird going backwards from 667Mhz to 350Mhz but whatever it kept up just the same.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”