Questions for those who bought the IK Multimedia's Total Studio 3.5 MAX at 199.99

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

Hi guys. For those who bought the bundle, it says it comes with modo bass 1.5 and modo drum 1.0 (which the current versions are modo bass 2.0 and modo drum 1.5). Is it that they just didn't update their page on total studio 3.5 max page? Or Are the versions that are delievered are actually bass1.5 and drum 1.0, and hence I have to pay an additional fee to upgrade?

Also, is it a good buy? I mean, I always wanted amplitube 5 max and T-rackS max, so i guess it should be a good deal.. but I heard IK multimedia can sometimes be tricky with their sales (I don't know anything about it.. I just heard it like couple times, like the modo versions i mentioned above).

Much thanks appreciated in advance

There's a lot of content for the price. A LOT.

Modo Drum is the up to date version. Modo Bass is the full old version but missing the newer models but there's still plenty to be getting on with.

There's some great stuff like the B3 which imho is the best B3 you can get and the Leslie Sim is easily the best out there.

Lot of good stuff in T-racks. I'm quite fond of their 1176 emu. Some really nice reverbs too.

Amplitude is still probably the most comprehensive guitar sim out there and it has an insane amount of content.

The Larssen Mixing console is also very good.

The sampletank stuff is very hit or miss. Some decent libraries but a lot of filler. The Sampletank libraries also take up the bulk of the install.

Overall I'd say it's worth it. It covers a huge range.

I bought it during one of their previous sales.
Pretty much agree with everything above. T-Racks is great and has become my default set of mixing plugins after I dumped Waves. With TS Max 3.5 you get *nearly* all their plugins, so you don't end up with a bunch of demo versions of plugins you don't own. There are still a few though, which some may find annoying. Come on IK, just let us choose what to install, it's one of the most requested features from users, and not having this option is probably hurting your sales.

The SampleTank/Syntronik stuff is a bit of a pain to download and archive and takes up a lot of disk space. Many sound libraries are carryovers from SampleTank 2 and 3. There are certainly some gems in there though, if you've got the bandwidth and disk space to spare.

Great value for money at 199 dollars. I bought it manily for Amplitube 5 and modo Drum, but Sample Tank is a great workstation with 16 layers and many quality sounds for all pruposes, it is true that it also contains some filler, but you can always delete the soundbanks that you don't need (in my case I don't care for the loop stuff). Great effects available for tweaking. Also you can control other stuff from Sampletank and layer with the other sounds: Miroslav Orchestra, Syntronik (22 sampled synths) and Sampletron are available both as independent plugins and as Sampletank banks. T-Racks and Mixbox are great quality effects suites. It is almost surrealistic to get all this stuff at this price. The only thing you need is plenty of disk space and some patience for the install process.

How long will it be on the current sale? I see it was extended, but not for how long.

It says right at the bottom of the EXTENDED: Black Friday MAX promotion page:
"Promotion valid through December 31, 2022"
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=B ... dayMAX2022

:dog: not sure how I missed that.. thanks!

@Examigan I just got an email saying today are the "Final Hours of Black Friday Deals" - "These deals end at midnight tonight" "Act now!" It still says "Promotion valid through December 31, 2022" on the Black Friday MAX promotion web page. So is that what they state on the website a mistake? It's all very confusing and misleading.

I didn't receive an email like that, and I hope it won't be over that soon. I can upgrade to 3.5 Max for about $70 from Total Studio Max 2 (using some Jam points).

I just emailed their support to check on it.

I reckon that you should be OK.

For others, login to the IKM web site and go to https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/eligibility/

You should see Total Studio 3.5 MAX (Digital Download) there and the price applicable to you. If so, click the [Buy now] button and don't forget to apply your JamPoints, if you can.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I bought the 3.5 MAX deal yesterday, but I have a question about what's showing in the Product Manager. Since I have ST4 SE (it was part of Total Studio Max 2), will the new products just install over the top of what I have?

Also it shows ST MAX 4 is already installed, but I didn't install it yet. :?
ST4Max.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I think I figured it out, but it still has a large amount to download and install.

For those who have bought Total Studio, I am assuming you don't have to install all of it? I really just want Amplitube 5 and T-Racks - I assume you can just opt to install those parts rather than everything? Don't want to fill up a HD with stuff I wont use.....

blaze591 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:38 am For those who have bought Total Studio, I am assuming you don't have to install all of it? I really just want Amplitube 5 and T-Racks - I assume you can just opt to install those parts rather than everything? Don't want to fill up a HD with stuff I wont use.....
You can install only Amplitube an T-Tracks. But it will install every Amplitube amp and every T-Racks unit.

ecasasmusic2 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:46 am You can install only Amplitube an T-Tracks. But it will install every Amplitube amp and every T-Racks unit.
Very helpful - thanks for that!

Return to “Instruments”