Dawesome Kult (Release Dec 22)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No one posted about this yet?
https://youtu.be/yjmbE-0IZUE

Another tasty synth coming soon from Peter at Dawesome.

Dude takes all my money.
The oscillators are based on so called "strange attractors" from the mathematical theory of chaos. These are curves in 3D (or more dimensions) and can be transformed to sound. Audio living as a curve in 3D space offers a lot of unusual sound shaping capabilities - be prepared for anything between lovely tenderness and gritty bite.

Spec:
* 2 complex OSCs, choose from 30+ models
* FM and AM synthesis, Formant Filter
* 2 "analog" filters, 2 comb filters
* MPE
* Arpeggiator
* monosynth mode for leads and basses
* intuitive modulation system
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Yep. I'm in when it releases.
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

Ditto….dawsome are awesome, looking forward to this one…
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Very Swarmish

I think he is fantastic with respect to innovation and what some have been asking for, new synths with new methods of synthesis..
I bought Novum, but after the first few days of euphoria, it sounds very digital and 'cold' to me (which may be some peoples thing, just not mine), this and his other one Abyss also sound very digital and 'cold' to me too.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

I absolutely love all of Peter's instruments because they are sophisticated under the hood, and yet the GUI is rather user-friendly, making it easy to design complex sounds quickly. And the sounds for Novum, Abyss and Chop Suey are top-notch! He has earned my money with excellent customer service and communication as well. And since I am intrigued by the different FM synths out there, this new Kult synth seems like a no-brainer. I'll definitely be picking it up upon release.

Slightly off-topic - He is one of the few developers that has the skills to design a next-level drum synth in the vein of Microtonic by Sonic Charge. Others have attempted drum machine plug-ins but often seem to miss the mark in some manner. Peter, if you're reading this, please consider developing a modern drum synth with snappy envelopes and multiple types of synthesis and effects. I think it would really be welcomed by the audio community. Much respect!! :tu:

Ooh, I am all over this. :love:

Is this a new type of synthesis, "strange attractors", or has that been done before? I'll definitely keep my eyes open for this. Sounds gorgeous for ambient stuff.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Boy Wonder wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:54 am Is this a new type of synthesis, "strange attractors", or has that been done before? I'll definitely keep my eyes open for this. Sounds gorgeous for ambient stuff.
I don't claim to understand the math but it seems maybe a bit similar to Newfangled Audio's Generate.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Novum, Abyss and Chop Suey are pretty pretty good, so I’m looking forward to getting this new one for Xmas.

The oscillator's description reminds me of how Newfangled Audio describes Generator.

Sounds great :hyper:

Boah! At first it was BORING, turned off the vid. But I gave the video a second chance and at 2:50 it sudddenly started to become interesting...
Stuff like this or Aparillo is where it gets interesting. Unpredictable things but being playful and giving cool results. So it seems here.

Boy Wonder wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:54 am Is this a new type of synthesis, "strange attractors", or has that been done before? I'll definitely keep my eyes open for this. Sounds gorgeous for ambient stuff.
Strange Attractor based synths or modulation devices have been around for ages. If you own Reaktor or Max (for Live) you can try them for free, they’re easy to find. Kult looks nice still. It’s all about the interface and controls, which seem very well done.

This looks very nice to me and look forward to trying this. I own Novum and was considering buying Abyss and now we have Kult too. Hopefully Peter will have an intro price on Kult and I can afford both 😉

I have been very impressed with dawesome and Peter was great with Novum adding updates based on user feedback (think it took him 5 days to implement my suggestions) so more than happy to buy his products and support his work.

Return to “Instruments”